1. Where did you purchase?
2. How much did you have to spend?
3. Do you like the look?
4. Storage?
5. Post pics?

·
Does anyone read these?
173 Posts
I went back and forth on the bag issue for my Custom, then decided that NO bags looks best on the custom. They're OK on the classic and LT, but IMHO the Custom looks better when clean. I added a fork bag, that's it.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im leaning toward the Willie & Max Raptor, I really like the looks of the slant style, as to the others.

·
Registered
200 Posts
All I have is a tool kit on mine. But with needing to take more and more things to work I might have to give in and buy somebags......the backpack just is not cutting it any more. With all these "quick release" bags what is left when the bag is removed? I was wondering because for the bike night or just a ride out with the guys I might want to lose them.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Willie & Max have zippers on em for easy removal, & handles to carry em with

·
Registered
200 Posts
Was looking online at some bags to attach. Almost all of them say to use with saddle bag supports to prevent them from being sucked in to the wheel. Has this really happened? Most bags I have seen are preformed to hold their shape even when there is nothing in it. If the bag already had hard sides do I need the supports on top of that? I would really like to be able to take of the bags and have nothing on bike left over.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont know for sure the answer to your question! But the bottom line if you you are not sure what to do (Be Safe) ! Which translates to me get the brkts! Or make your own! Why do they have to be chrome? You dont see them! I would say you would save a lot O cash by making your own!
JM2cents

·
One of Four
1,231 Posts
I've seen bags hanging on a Suzuki without supports they looked like they had been rubbing at times. The problem most times is when they hang over the fender it makes the bottom of the bags tip inward. Plus when you lean the bike the bags will move.

If you had the "stuff" and skill I don't see why bag supports couldn't be made. I went with Easy Brackets for a cleaner look when the bags are removed. I really only use the bags on longer trips otherwise I use the tail bag for every day travel.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Anyone have pics with a 900C with bags....don't think I have seen one yet. Never really been a big fan of saddle bags but with the right ones it would grow on me.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep you need to get the right ones for sure! And what is going to look best on the 900 Custom is the ???????????????????????????? Need pics!!

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
pics of my 900c with bags

I ended up with the saddlemen desperado's $180 with easy brackets $140. I really like the look, and with all the errend running I do on the bike I've found this to be a pretty good set up. With the easy brackets you can pull the bags off any time you want and the only thing left are the docking posts which only stick out about an inch (note any pics of plasma blue's bike). The throw overs I used to have scuffed the fender some:cry: not a problem with this set up

I used to have the willie and max deluxe slants, but was not impressed with the quality. They lost thier shape rather quickly and the lids left all kinds of space for the elements to get in.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
oh yeah

Even if you don't go with easy or ghost brackets be sure to get some type of support for your bags or they WILL sag. My old ones eventually found their way back to the brake rotor.

·
Registered
200 Posts

I ended up with the saddlemen desperado's $180 with easy brackets $140. I really like the look, and with all the errend running I do on the bike I've found this to be a pretty good set up. With the easy brackets you can pull the bags off any time you want and the only thing left are the docking posts which only stick out about an inch (note any pics of plasma blue's bike). The throw overs I used to have scuffed the fender some:cry: not a problem with this set up

I used to have the willie and max deluxe slants, but was not impressed with the quality. They lost thier shape rather quickly and the lids left all kinds of space for the elements to get in.

Hope this helps.
Do you have any bigger pics of your setup?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Great pics...sorry about the message earlier. When I am at work it is a crap shot if the pictures can be seen or not. When I was saking for bigger pics I was trying to look at your avatar pic of your bike. Thanks again for the pics....I really like the mounting system you have vs the saddle supports that hang down. Where did you get your mounts?

·
Registered
200 Posts
How do you measure for saddle bags? I think you are suppose to measure from the bottom of the passenger seat to an inch or two off the top of the exahust for the height and from the rear of the turn signal to the back of seat. Is this right?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts