Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several new/old stock doul kawasaki sprockets from the late 60's or early 70's. My dad had lots of parts from when he worked for kawasaki and I recently found these sprockets and cannot find anyone who knows what bikes had the dual sprockets. They are from the rear and are connected together with bolts and springs. Anyone know?
Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you kawah1c. I was in the marine security guard for the american embassy in oslo in 1994-1995 and saw some pretty amazing things during the winter there. Things like motorcycles riding up Holmenkollen during the middle of winter with 2 inches of snow and slush on the road.

Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
No problem. The embassy will be relocated soon. Moving from Drammensveien to Husebyskogen (next to Røa). There's a lot of fuzz about it at the moment.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
And you elr, I'll ask for large four advice. I've just entered the world of classic Kawasaki four strokes and know practically nothing about them. Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats it. I have three brand new ones that have been in a wooden box in the back shed since I was 5 years old. My dad died 3 years ago and I finally am getting around to getting all the spare parts and things around the place cleaned up.

It gets tough to find pictures of the older bikes to match parts. I have another part that I think I have narrowed down to go on a 1967-69 kawasaki g1 series bike. That is a bike I just can't seem to get a picture of. The tail light looks almost like the j1 that I could find a picture of but the chrome flange that wraps over the painted black housing is shorter than the one I saw on the j1.
I will post a picture of it tonight.
Thanks again for the help.
John

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
If you have any part numbers, I'll try to come up with something for you though it's difficult to find info on the really old Kaws. Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The numbers on the red lens is L1712 koito, L1194KOITO, R-26, MADE IN JAPAN.
Yellow lens is L-1858R KOITO, MADE IN JAPAN

These were out of the package and did not have any partnumbers with them.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
That sure looks like the G1 lights. I don't have a parts manual for the G1 unfortunately. I've tried to cross reference with other models, but I've come up with nada so far. Which annoys me quite a bit :) Think I'll have to buy a parts manual on ebay :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts