Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a mate who is planning on getting a bike, however he is 6'4. I have a GPZ500 which he has sat on and his legs are above the tank. What bikes would you recommend for a taller person :?:

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Well, depending on the power out put your looking for. You could go with a ZX-6R or ZX-6RR, These are high perfomance bikes and shouldn't be taken as anytihng but dangour, and fast 8) Anyway, a SV 650 could do it, Lots of poeple use them, but I wouldn't I'd go with the ZX-6R.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
PERFECT BIKE

First of all if you have your friend with you take him to various shops/dealers and have him set on the various bikes (Many of them we don't have in America, we have many fewer choices than you do in the UK...(IF you want a list of them I could go through them with you on email, mine is listed in my profile an dI beleive my signature) that yo have all over the place. Personally we just received a NEW Triumph Daytona that is 599/600CC that they offer with 2 years/unlimited mileage for warranty. But finding the right bike for your friend is important that he find one that makes him feel like he and the bike are made for each other. no looking at the price or size (cc) of the bike. I saw Katana in a post but the equivelent is the ZZR-600 in Kawasaki. Perhaps because of his height he may feel comfortable on a dual sport, Kawasaki, BMW many companies offer the bikes. Is he locked into Sport Bikes for his desire? The new Ducati 749 dark is just being released and it is dollar even for the ZX-6RR in our country. It is a sweet bike with a nice reach. Spend ome time looking for the right bike and have a couple of pints BEFORE you buy the bike...and let us know, what you get for him...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well at the moment its a *what would i buy if i had the money* kinda thing. He doesnt have a license or anything yet so its gonna be license first, then we go off to some dealerships to sit and test ride various bikes. i lot of people have said to me that the bigger bikes tend to have more room, but my mate doesnt want a litre bike to start on as he doesnt want to kill himself (also i told him that it would just be too much power too quickly) if its a case of he has to get a litre bike to fit him hes thinking of getting it restricted for the first several months.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Bike size and engine size are not necessarily proportional. Most bikes can be modified for much less than the price difference between say a 500cc and a 600cc bike.

Obviously he must be able to fit on the bike but ergonomic fit and ability fit are two different things.

If he's a big boy the handle bars can be moved ( with adaptors ) or changed to move them further from the seat. Brackets if not available should be easy to have made to modify pedal placement moving them down and/or forwards ( all these changes usually only require moving the parts an inch or two for major differences comfort wise ).

He may be tall but think of the poor ambulance technicians who'll have to fit him on a stretcher.

And step one is to get him some serious training.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts