Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whet motorbike have you all had then? iv had a few old and new:

HONDA H100

YAMAHA RD125 27BHP fast but lethal (tank slapperd at speed all the time:rolleyes: )

KMX125 OLD AND TATTY

NEW AT THE TIME KMX125

GELERA 125 SP1 AND AN SP2 WITH A 34BHP RACE ENGINE THAT KEEPED GOING POP (PISTONS)

APRILA RS125 DINOED AT 30BHP

RED GSXR400

RED/WHITE CBR 600 FM

RED/BLACK CBR 600 FM DINOED AT 104BHP

NOW GOT A GPZ 600 STREETFIGHTER (ZX600R) THAT IM RESTORING:wink:

PLEASE POST ON THIS THREAD WHAT GOOD OR BAD MOTORBIKES YOU HAVE HAD, AND HAVE:wink:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I'm going to pick on one that really stands out as not a reliable ride which was a 1980 Suzuki GS-850, had bad feeling about it when I notice that for what ever reason it would churn the final drive oil into grease.

That and one day while changing the oil I noticed a slip pin come out with the rest of the oil so that was my trade in notice.

Every other bike I've owned in 35 years has been outstanding.

·
Registered
347 Posts
'74 Honda CB360
'80 Suzuki DR 400 (dirt bike)
'80 Kawasaki KZ 650
'77 Harley Superglide
'74 Harley Sportster
'83 Kawasaki KZ 650
'01 and '05 Kawasaki ZRX 1200R (presently own)

The ZRX's are the best bikes I've owned. Have been very reliable. I just turned 80k on the '01

The Harley's were terrible. They were from the AMF years. How can a company that makes bowling balls make bikes? The Superglide leaked oil all the time and had rear brake issues. The Sportster had chronic electrical problems. It shifted on the right. I could never get the hang of that.

I never kept the other ones long enough to have any problems. The one I wish I still had was the '80 KZ 650. I loved that bike. It looked so cool. I sold it and bought the Superglide. What an idiot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts