Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question, Will any KZ1000 carbs fit on to a Spectra 1100?

A friend of mine has a spectra 1100 with no carbs, so I was just checking if the spacing is the same for all the KZ's.

I know the jetting will be different I just want to know if the carbs will physically fit.

Thanks, Matt

·
Registered
407 Posts
Simple question, Will any KZ1000 carbs fit on to a Spectra 1100?

A friend of mine has a spectra 1100 with no carbs, so I was just checking if the spacing is the same for all the KZ's.

I know the jetting will be different I just want to know if the carbs will physically fit.

Thanks, Matt
FYI KZ1000/1100 CV type carbs will also interchange with Suzuki GS1100's

·
Obfuscation Engineer
6,703 Posts
ummm "Spectre" as in the anodized gold , maroon with black trim wtfever 1100 ?
Same as any "J" model only black .
As for jetting it's still around #135 main , 32 pilot and possibly lifting the main needle .5mm or so . Some of the 998/1100 mounted BS34's came as lean as 127.5 and 30 withe a lean needle and needle jet on top of it . The lean needle jet can be modified but the lean needle isn't worth lifting it has to be replaced . Fortunately the lean BS34's are uncommon but it's something to look out for . More common is a set that were modified by way of a generic "stage #* " kit . These are usually obvious drilled slide , main air bleed , soft alloy needles , no tolerance junk aftermarket jets , with all the screw heads destroyed and so completely out of adjustment that complete and utter rebuild is required .

I only went into detail because I know you not only get it but have had to put up with a previous owner/mechanic that was possibly misinformed at best and willfully ignorant at worst .

BTW ... Did you ever find slotted cam sprockets for the 650 ?

~kop

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Kop! Thanks for the info. If my friend decides to get some carbs, that'll be great info to have. He might just part it out.

I did finally get my cam timing all lined up. She runs great now.

Thanks again! Matt-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts