Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a HJC helmet that mached my bike, but I'm not really sure about the quality of the helmet. Just wondering if anyone had any opinions?

Thanks for the help, Abrell

·
Registered
512 Posts
mine is comfortable get the one with most vents as u can tho. mien has 4 and seems to not get too hot.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I have a CL-12 and it fits great and I almost enver get too hot. I'd like to find something thats a little less noisy but I doubt there is much for that price that can be much less noisy at 60+ mph.

·
Registered
30 Posts
heres mine

fits pretty well, price can't be beat but like everyone said it is noisy on the highway.

·
Registered
20 Posts
They are pretty good. Leaps and bounds better than the first helmet I had, which was a Fulmer. I like my Scorpion EXO 700 a little better though.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Sorry, can't say. I've never had anything except Shoei, and doubt I ever will. I want my helmet to PROTECT me and not just look good.

·
Registered
70 Posts
aranger said:
If you think your head is worth it then get it 500 + is worth it for a brain bucket
i dont understand why everyone thinks that the more money you spend on your helmet equals better protection. could show me a site that goes beyond the snell/dot tests please.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
aranger said:
If you think your head is worth it then get it 500 + is worth it for a brain bucket
There are some of us who can't afford that much... I'm just a HS student, and when I bought my helmets, the CS-Air Komplex was the one I could afford... bought one the week before I went to the dealer, and one right after I went down in Jan.
And to answer the question: I like my HJC, very comfy. The only problem I have is that I fog up when sitting at a stop.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I actually just ordered a CL-14 after one of my friends that works at a Kawi dealer reccomended it. I dont know a lot about bikes, or related stuff so his opinions are held pretty high for me. Plus he's my best friend and wants me to be safe. His words were "Its a good safe helmet and the price is lower than most others of the same safety." Both Snell 2000 and DOT. He spends all day workin around bikes, and gear and really knows his stuff, and since he has no incentive to sell me on anything but what he believes is best I take his word on pretty much anything.

Dallas

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess that was my question, am I just paying for the name on the helmet? I allready own a Shoei, but its older and does not match my new bike. HJC helmets seem very affordable and are approved by Snell ad DOT. I have not been able to find anything that says the more you pay the better the protection.

Thanks, Abrell

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have an AC-11 helmet. It is good for the price, and they protect darn well IMO. I had a serious wreck at a high rate of speed, whacked my head pretty hard and my only head injury was a bloody nose. IMO any proper-fitting Snell helmet should protect your head. More expensive ones are lighter and quieter.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have an HJC CS-12. With DOT and Snell approvals, it was a great value at about $130. I tend to think that the more expensive helmets don't necessarily buy you better protection. However, I'm sure they are much more refined (lighter, quieter, etc.) than the rest.

I, too, would be interested in reading a Consumer Reports-type review of a range of helmets to see where "more expensive" translates into better protection.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have an AC-11. Just so you know...you can get the solid colors for alot cheaper than the helmets with all the graphics. I have a solid black one i got for about $140 when the yikes version of the same helmet gor for upwards of $200.

Sorry, can't say. I've never had anything except Shoei, and doubt I ever will. I want my helmet to PROTECT me and not just look good.
Edited for content.

·
Road Snot Needs A Kleenex
364 Posts
I have an HJC CL-11. It's nice, but I like my Shoei RF-900 even more.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
The price (after about $150) has almost nothing to do with protection. It has to do with name, comfort, graphics, venting, and aerodynamics. Buying a $500 helmet will not ensure your safety any more than a $150 helmet will. If you think it does then unfortunatly the advertising agencies have done their job well.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts