Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came from having a Honda Shadow 750 and am much happier with the Vulcan 900 Custom. It does not seem that Honda is putting much effort into the cruiser line. Suzuki does not do much for me either.

I am interested in Harley and I like what they offer, but not going to spend the cash now and not sure if I would like it better. There are also some nice Yamahas that I would consider.

Has anyone here came from HD, Yamaha, or Suzuki, and if so what are your opionions or comparisons?

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
My last bike was a Honda Shadow Sabre 1100. I'm much happier with my V2K. I agree with Honda not putting much effort into their cruiser line-- they just seem happy with plain jane parts bin bikes. It was 100% reliable though-- just not very flashy.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Honda, BMA, Triumph, Yami and Suzuki's. Only road em for a bit so I don't remember the models other than they were cruiser styles with the exception of a couple Ninja's I've ridden.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Shadow 500 to Shadow 750
HD Fatboy (not mine but I put a lot of miles on it)
1500 Goldwing (again, not mine but I put a lot of miles on it)
1600 Classic, first and probably only Kawi that I have/will owned

And a few others that were owned by family members...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Besides dirt, there was a Honda 350, a Honda 450, a Triumph 650 Bonnie, a Kawi 750, a Harley Sportster 883, a dual-sport BMW 1200 and a Yamaha 500 (both family member owned), an H-D 1200 Sporster (great bike, great style, fast and nimble, but lacked comfort), an H-D Street Glide, and finally the Kawi Vulc 1500 Nomad. The wife, after years of saying no, has finally decided to try it, now that I have a bike that can do two-up in comfort.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I went from my 07 Vulcan 900LT to a '09 Harley Ultra Classic. It’s a whole different world; and not really a fair comparison given the huge cost difference between them. Overall however; one of the biggest differences I find with HD is how well balance they are; they just feel great on the road. I have also spent some time riding a 2009 BMW 1200 RT. That is an amazing bike; it is really comfortable with terrific features like a power windshield that makes buffeting a thing of the past (wish my Ultra had that!), cruise control, ABS and smooth as glass. Again; these bikes cost a lot more than my 900 LT, but what a huge difference. With winter knocking on the door for most of the country; you can probably get a pretty good deal on almost anything you want to buy. I’d suggest you go out and rent a couple bikes and put some real miles on. I rented an Ultra Classic and rode 300 miles before I bought one.

·
V 2win
444 Posts
Numerous HD's , two BMW's & one Triumph. Last HD was a 1999 E Glide Standard. Nice machine, but got mad at dealer & HD when rod knocked at 14k & was one year old. HD stepped up , but the dealer nailed me for $900 to search & find. You would like the HD's bottom end torque, sound, goodies, & people to hang with, but I still think my 1500 Classic is a better machine.
The bottom will have to fall out before I go back, but I guess if I could get a low mileage Road glide for around 10k or under I'd nibble.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I started on a ninja250r,then zx-6,zx6r,and my last bike was a 98 Yamaha Fzr600r...I'm glad i'm back on a Kawasaki.The yamaha gave me numerous problems..My vulcan gives me more smiles per mile than any other I have owned.

·
Guilty By Association
650 Posts
suzuki 650 savage....blew that engine up at least twice a year.....once was my fault, the others werent. sold it to a friend to help him out, or so i thought, he turned around and made a huge profit on it. he got his in the end tho--his truck blew the engine the day after he sold the bike.

·
Registered
887 Posts
It all started in the dirt but on the street, xs400 yam, xs650 yam, xls hd roadster, xlch sportster, flh electraglide.Then lost battle with divorce lawyer, start over, 800b kawi, hd fatboy. I've liked them all for one reason or another.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Uh let's see, Yamaha 125, to a 450 Honda, to a 400 Yamaha, to a 650 Yamaha, to a 750 Yamaha Virago, to a Kawwy 900Lt. Between the 750 and the 900, 20 years passed! I also own a purdy little 1981 Honda 400 automatic with hard honda bags and a cool vetter windshield.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i currently own a vn 900c, a vn800, 650 v-star, a 1963 650 bonnie chop,an 82 shovelhead and an 74 shovelhead, bout everybody builds a good bike now a days, my first bike was an ironhead sporty and i wouldn't trade 100 of them for eithier one of my kaws

1 - 20 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.