Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KBC

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What helmet do you ride with and if you had to do it again would you buy the same one?

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I've got a cs-12, (I think) I'd buy another one, this fit with this one has been good. Ventilation could be better, but it works well enough for me.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1Adam12 said:
What helmet do you ride with and if you had to do it again would you buy the same one?
Pro's
I have an Arai QuantumF and love the helmet. The new Quantum 2's are even better with the washable liner and better venting.

I like the quality and fit of my helmet and would recommend this helmet to others!

Con's
The wind noise was a little high around the ears on long rides, but since I put a Procomm system in its much better. My second option was to get custom made plugs.
Arai helmets tend to cost more! The way I look at it is how much is my safety worth - ok sold

·
Registered
605 Posts
Road noise is minimal

I can change all the padding since I let my hair grow a month then buzz it all off the fit can change dramatically

Good ventilation in front, with a back wind the rear ventilation really kicks in

Looks great

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Shoei RF-800 - Black w/Ninja on the side of it....
$350.00 helmet I got for $160.00, it's really comfortable and good venting. Next helmet....one w/graphics after the bike gets painted..you know a girl has to match!! :wink:
I would stick w/Shoei (if I can afford at the time) if not, a HJC or KBC...from CycleGear!!

·
Registered
605 Posts
where did you get your avatar...i'd like that as my wallpaper :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a KBC euro VR-1. For me,this helmet is quite good, comfortable, the noise is minimal (unless im riding with harleys!), so all in all I like it. If I had to buy another one, which I might next year, I am tempted to buy SHoei, since ive heard they make really good helmets.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Helmet? What is that?

Down NinjaGirl! I am just kidding! :lol:

I have a Shoei half shell, and as usual I didn't like it until it actually started fitting my head. Will not go anywhere without it. Cost $85!

Ken

·
Registered
380 Posts
Mine is a KBC VR-1 Euro as well.

I think it's supposed to cost around $200 something and I stole it at $95. Overall it's a nice helmet... it is my first one so I don't have a lot to compare it to. I really liked the ability to remove the cheek pads as that cuts down how much heat my head retains. The wind noise isn't something I worry about since I usually wear earplugs at longer, higher speed trips. Oh yeah, the helmet has these nifty looking vents and overall looks kinda cool.

If I had it to do over again I would get the same helmet due to the cost factor.

Future helmet will hopefully be an Arai. But they are spendy and I'm not rich so we'll see...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Helmet

I have an Arai Signet GT Kurtis Roberts replica which I really like. It fits great and I've never felt so safe. I recently purchased two black Nolan N100E Outlaw with the flip up face helmets so my wife and would match while we ride. I have to say, I really like the flip up face.

·
Registered
458 Posts
HJC CL12 Full face "Steetfighter"-- Black/Gray/White ---DOT/SNELL

Wear in winter.

HJC "Symax" Full face flip up-- Candy Red----- DOT

Wear in winter.

HJC AC-3 Open face with full face shield--Candy Red---DOT/SNELL

Wear in summer.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
HJC CL-12. Only thing I wish it had is removable liner so I could wash it. Cause ****... that can get to smell bad.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Green Knight said:
HJC CL-12. Only thing I wish it had is removable liner so I could wash it. Cause ****... that can get to smell bad.
Try some baking soda powder which will soak up the smell and vacuum out or you can use Febreeze for the car......

Febreeze is easier to use. Spray and go.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Having ONE helmet is like having One pair of underwear!

IF you are serious about riding, then I think that the average rider, riding 7days a week or so, should have a minimum of two helmets. I have several that I switch out. On hot days I get really sweaty inside and it doesn't hutr to wash and wear, but I prefer to clean it and then let it air out. I have a clean air filter system in my room, it uses very fine HEPA filters to keep pollen, molds, cat dander...dust...anyway, that I set freshly cleaned helmets on or next to. I like to switch because somedays I'm just going into town and back and sometimes I'll be on the road for longer periods of time...always nice to have a selection. When you start cycleing helmets you can really find one that you want for the longer road trips...it not only feels right but is quiet, and easy to clean and such...starting out with 4 helmets would be quite expensive. I'm retiring two of mine pretty quick, and when I do, I drill them and tear out everything so that some fool doesn't try wearing it after it's life is gone out of it. I also change my Military lace up boots for the same reason. I have two pair that I wear, and one pair that I always keep super clean and for Inspection. Actually I do wear them from time to time in the house to keep them loose, but I never wear them outside anymore. (Read Retired Navy...and always have a Uniform ready for inspection...old habits seem to never die, just people.) I say, when you can afford a second helmet do it; when you can afford another do it and rotate your helmets.. Having one helmet is like having one pair of underwear....

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I'm BAAACCCCKKKKK!!! Rants&Raves!!!

Thank you for noticing! My computer is finally up, the wife is temporarily home from the hospital and I have a temporary bike to fill in till I get my KAW!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Re: I'm BAAACCCCKKKKK!!! Rants&Raves!!!

ZX-2R said:
Thank you for noticing! My computer is finally up, the wife is temporarily home from the hospital and I have a temporary bike to fill in till I get my KAW!
What bike are you looking at getting?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have an Arai I got a below dealer price on but it is a Drag helmet. I feel safe in it but in the summer it is a little light on the ventilation.

Wear your helmets guys
Live to ride another day.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts