Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I rode my 02 Ninja 500R for the first time, other than the test ride, to Tucson from Phoenix (2 hrs). Here's what I learned:

1: Don't be afraid of the freeway or semi-trucks.
2: I will have a difficult time not speeding.
3: You can smell more, this is good and bad.
4: I have a new drug and it's calle Ninja.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

be afraid of the big road and semi's? no

respect and allow lots of room for semi's YES!
remember most semi's run recapped tires except for the front and if your beside one when a recap blows your gonna wish you were somewhere else-i've had it happen and dodging
3 foot pieces of 80mph flying rubber is not fun :lol:

ride safe!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bikeaholic said:
be afraid of the big road and semi's? no

respect and allow lots of room for semi's YES!
remember most semi's run recapped tires except for the front and if your beside one when a recap blows your gonna wish you were somewhere else-i've had it happen and dodging
3 foot pieces of 80mph flying rubber is not fun :lol:

ride safe!
Yeah,
I learned that a couple years ago in my Camaro. I just barely missed the tire.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a baby Camaro. (V6) I'm only 20. Gotta keep that insurance low. Check the "www" at the bottom of my post for my cardomain website 8)

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

that's ok-its still an FBODY and nothing a little shot of nawwwwwwwz won't cure :twisted: :lol: - the 3800 v6 responds well to a 100 shot :twisted:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ahhh, the wind under my chin and the bugs on my visor are evidence that I was wearing all of my gear. :wink:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What I learned on day two:

I learned that traffic lights do not acknowledge me. So I ran my first red light.

I learned that it's cool waving to other riders. I feel like I belong. I am part of a group. It's like-I don't know him, but he's on a bike so I know him.

And I learned that there are cool Harley riders. I was having trouble with my bike (stalled on the side of the road) and he stopped and gave me a hand.

Check the the Mechanics corner to see what went wrong with my bike.

·
Registered
116 Posts
When at a light, find the little square or rectangle cut in the pavement. Sit on the edge of it or the top corner. That seems to work for me. Other than this one right by my house, slow ass light anyway. it refuses to acknowledge me. Actually moved and let a car come up so it saw him once, after 5 minutes of sitting. Some people swear that you can kill the bike and restart it over teh sensor and it'll trip. I guess the idea is that the elector magnetic pulse generated by your starter is what it sees then.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
lots of times the lights won't see bikes, so you gotta either make sure its safe to run the light (from cars and police officers) or wait for a car to pull up beside or behind you. The newer systems that are mounted on top of stop lights instead of in the road do a much better job of seeing motorcycles.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

there is a little gadjet you can get to mount under the bike that will trip the lights - i forget the name of the thing :roll:

·
Registered
487 Posts
I also saw this topic on another forum and they said something about using a magnet from a speaker but they thought it would be a problem because it would pick up all the harley parts that had fallen off. :lol: :lol:
when I read that I set a new distance record for shooting beer out of my nose :lol:

·
Registered
209 Posts
The light changing device is called the MIRC. Car and Driver tested one and said they really don't work worth a crap. I'm pretty sure that they are really illegal now too because some news show made a big deal about it.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
BISBEE, AZ

IF you make the trip to Bisbee let me know how the coffee is. I had a Pound of good stuff from there and it was really great!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts