Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Thought I would share this, So i decided to wash my old KZ. Got the bucket and some soaps scrubbed it down, put some wax on, decided to take it for a ride, turned the key and nothing. No power.

Started checking things found the 20 amp fuse was blown, so no big deal, pop in a spare, turn the key, and nothing. 20 Amp blew again. So now I'm a little frustrated and start checking wires looking for a grounded hot wire or chafe in the wiring harness. Put my last fuse in and it blowes again. I run out for more fuses, examine the wiring chart in the manual, and then checked the white electrical connection plugs, when I un plugged them they were wet and rusty. I cleaned them up with some electrical solvent as well as the fuse holder with the a 22 cal brush.

Bike started right up!

Sometimes old bikes are better left dirty. (Or use less water at a lower pressure).

Pete in SA
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
10,633 Posts
Ah, sounds like the ol' power washer syndrome. Gotta watch that, don't get too close. For connectors I use a synthetic dielectric grease, works pretty well for water/salt proofing and keeping corrosion at a minimum. Any auto parts store can help you out with it. I use Super Lube #21030.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top