Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great group of folks a nice ride out in the desert, Gila Bend, Ajo, Why down to Casa Grande and somewhere out on Indian Road 15 I learned that my bike does #1 not have a visible Petcock and hence no reserve and #2 that my 2005 Kaw Meanstreak can go 154.4 miles and not run out of gas!!!

Debbie in the Valley of the Sun...
:D

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I guess that means that you ran out of gas?

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
I used to ride a Meanie and got used to judging fuel capacity by mileage alone. When I switched to the V2K, I found the fuel gauge to be not so "particular"....and again judged my fuel capacity by mileage.

The ZX14 also has a fuel gauge, but I somehow feel more comfortable judging by mileage.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Oh man even after I fill up my 250 it insists that there is only have a tank in it. Thats if its actually not reading below empty.

·
My hat is made of tinfoil
20,826 Posts
I used to ride a Meanie and got used to judging fuel capacity by mileage alone. When I switched to the V2K, I found the fuel gauge to be not so "particular"....and again judged my fuel capacity by mileage.

The ZX14 also has a fuel gauge, but I somehow feel more comfortable judging by mileage.
292 kms seems to be the magic number on the ZX14.........LOL:mrgreen:

The next kilometers will be on foot.....ask me how i know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts