Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys, i posted a while back on my '03 ninja 250r or whatever you want to call it. it seemed very ticky and noisy at idle, almost as if it were very valvy. that was at 1100 miles. i now have 1400 miles and the noise is still there. i rode it to the dealer and they said that this noise was normal and the 250's are "noisy" engines. Do you think i should believe that or maybe the dealer just doesnt want to be bothered with servicing the bike. BTW, i have the warranty til 2008 and they failed to explain what that covers. the bike seems to ride fine, accelerates nice and smooth, etc. but i just cant get used to the ticking noise at idle. Oh and it gets louder when you put the kickstand down. weird huh? I allready checked the tool kit and every bolt, nothing is loose or rattling. Also i would like to ask if a valve problem is as serious on a bike as in a car, and how much it runs to get a problem like that cleared up, if there is a problem at all. Is the 250 supposed to sound like a lawn sprinkler at 1500rpm or is it supposed to be smooth like it is in the higher revs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think that your best bet is go get a second opinion. You might be able to somebody that has the same bike so you could compare the sound to your bike.

·
Registered
594 Posts
ticky clicky noise i've read is a tranny gasket. I have the same noise. It sucks but nothing engine wise. Also i usually warm my bike at
3k-3.5k with kickstand down . Anything lower then that, seems to be clunky, close to stalling even. 250r is my first bike and i don't know about you but i love how small it is :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts