Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the correct tire pressure for a 1993 Kawasaki Ninja 600r (600c)?

The tire says MAX pressure is 40psi, but I want to know what is should be set at. Cant find the info anywhere.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
522 Posts
Poking about i found standard was supposed to be 32/36 but one snippet said Bridgestone advise 36/41 v0v

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldnt get a good reading with a pencil pressure gauge, so I bought a good one with a flexible neck on it.

turns out the pencil gauge was giving me a good reading, I was running on 7 PSI on my rear tire!!!!!!!!

And 15 PSI on my front.

I'm extremely surprised I didnt have more problems. Hopefully, this just happened over the winter. I will check regularly now.

Oh, and I found a sticker under the seat that had specs of 32/36 PSI, for front/rear respectively. I just cant believe I was running around on almost no air. Unreal.

·
03 ZX-12R
609 Posts
You are beyond lucky. There's absolutely no logical reason the tire didn't come off the rim at just 7psi.
I check my tires at least once a week. Anywhere from 32-36 on the front, 34-38 on the rear is what I run, regardless of which brand.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'm extremely surprised I didnt have more problems. Hopefully, this just happened over the winter. I will check regularly now.
If i were you i'd deflate them, tyre soap the beads (no need to break the bead) then re-inflate to 60psi-ish then back to standard. If there is a slight seating problem this should cure it. Also buy a couple of quality valve-caps, the type with O-ring seals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts