Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

What is it worth? Kawasaki 1984 GPZ 750 Turbo

7K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  C-130 jumper 
#1 ·
Considering selling my GPZ 750 turbo. Has sat in the garage since my high school days in the mid to late 90’s. My nephew got it out and cleaned it up and got it running again. Can’t find many on the internet to compare it to for pricing and ran across this site. It has 31,000 miles and needs a speedometer cable, has some slight damage but is in overall great shape for its age. What is a reasonable asking price? Anyone on here interested in buying?

See less See more
#2 ·
Cthomas, I search the internet regularly with regard to GPz 750 bikes, prices, parts, etc. I see way more GPz turbos for sale than straight up GPz 750s. And they command a fairly high price, easily 3 times a regular 750. Not so for a straight up 750, nobody wants them. In my case I'm not even interested in the turbo, too complex, difficult to maintain, etc. The extra power is not worth the extra cost to me. Nevertheless, the turbo version seems to attract much attention. Everyone wants 'more power'. Best o luck selling it.

#3 ·
They are fetching £7-£13k sterling so $10-$15k over here in the uk which is 50% higher than last year so they’re definitely on the rise.

They were the best of the turbo bikes of the era and are the most popular.

A running bike in decent condition should fetch decent money; from the photos, yours looks very clean.

If it were in the UK, I’d definitely be interested in it.

#4 ·
I personally have two turbos her in Australia, they are a rare bike which are increasing in value all the time.
A tidy example here is AU $10k plus. Have seen one sold for AU$20K.
Charlie Brown at Evergreen Turbo's is the master and does a fantastic job of looking after the turbines.
They had a limited production run, compared to the normal units.
Some guess at 6000 world wide.
Australia got very few numbers compared to the rest of the market.
As davidr1963 indicated, if it were in Australia, it would go in an instant.

#7 ·
Back in the day I heard the 750 turbo would kill those who didn't respect it or were incompetent because of the light switch power band and tire/suspension technology of the time (much like a Porsche 911 turbo). Something about standing up in mid-corner and running off the apex.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.