Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Xpylut
438 Posts
I'm looking for some ideas to keep leveling my V2K.
I use a Sears yellow jack (with adapter - frame is wider than jack). I leave 2 2x4s under the kickstand and a level on the seat. Let the jack down slowly until the bubble centers.

That's what I do.

·
'06 V2K, Baby!
2,325 Posts
Not too sure what you mean, though. Front-to-back (shock pre-load) or side to side for checking the oil & similar.

·
'06 V2K, Baby!
2,325 Posts
I use my wife to level it, usually, though I do have a bike lift if she's not around.

Washing it, I just let it sit on the side-stand.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have a nomad and kneel down hold the brake with my hand tip the bike into my knee and check the oil. I weigh 150 lbs.. If the bike comes at me I can just push it back over onto the side stand.

·
Forgot to grow up
1,118 Posts
The v2K has no sight glass. It has a very detailed oil checking procedure that can only be done every second tuesday while facing mecca.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I see, well I do have a few over stock chrystal balls and fer just $19.95 I can sell some. No Wait! for just $19.95 I can double this offer , but for just a limited time....... :D

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I don't have a V2K but for my bike I cut a piece of wood the correct height that goes under the side stand that makes the bike level...then I have another piece of wood the correct height I put under the frame on the opposite side. Very easy, no cost and easy to store...lol. It makes it a bit easier when filling with oil after a change. For everyday oil check I just hold the bike to check it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't have a V2K but for my bike I cut a piece of wood the correct height that goes under the side stand that makes the bike level...then I have another piece of wood the correct height I put under the frame on the opposite side. Very easy, no cost and easy to store...lol. It makes it a bit easier when filling with oil after a change. For everyday oil check I just hold the bike to check it.
I like this idea, thanks

·
Registered
498 Posts
The v2K has no sight glass. It has a very detailed oil checking procedure that can only be done every second tuesday while facing mecca.
And that is way easier then checking the clear radiator fluid tube. Hey, don't get me wrong, I love my V2K.

Herb

P.S. Keep us posted on that front pulley & shaft issue.

·
Once I had $$ now a bike
115 Posts
I found this,
Scissor Jack for lifts 1,000 lb capacity

Very small but heavy, works great and you can get to both sides of the bike with no problem. Great company to talk with, shipped to my door in 3 days. Does exactly what you are looking for.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Yes, I means side to side to check the oil and to wash it, etc.

This method is still cheaper then a high quality Jack.
Get your self a cheap jack on sale, and a quality PepsX stand. (PepsX)

Herb

1 - 19 of 19 Posts