Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to empty the fuel tank on a 900 Classic?............besides the obvious, of course.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
siphon hose
I really don't want to drink anymore gas. I must have consumed about 5 gallons over my lifetime..................but, if that's it..........I guess that's it.

·
Nobody Home
1,768 Posts
I'm in the same boat with my MS with it's EFI. A longish piece of clear vinyl tubing makes it easy without getting a mouthfull of gas.

·
HD has nothin on a Custom
424 Posts
when mine wasnt very full i just disconnected the hose on the bottom and turned on the key and let the FI do the rest...not sure it thats hard on it or not, but i only had a little bit left in it

·
Swingin like a monkey
814 Posts
Just pick up a hand pump siphon from an autoparts store, probably under $10 and doesn't come with the bad after taste.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just pick up a hand pump siphon from an autoparts store, probably under $10 and doesn't come with the bad after taste.
Yeah.............no gas in my stomach?...........how else will I kill my tapeworm?

·
CMC028
22 Posts
does it not have a pet ****?

if it does just take the hose off the pet **** and run a different hose down into a gas g\can and turn the petcock on..... it will take some time but it will drain..

also make sure your gas cap is off. makes it flow better

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Depending on size of hose (I to would suggest clear) you can push it into the tank as far as you can hold onto it and then put a finger over the end and withdraw from tank. Should hold fuel in it and once below levl of fuel in tank wa-la your siphoning. You really dont want to know how I know this right? Plan B is what the fellow said about diconnect fuel line and turn on key. For the most part as long as there is fuel in the tank it is suposed to cool the pump. C= drill 1/2 hole in bottom (not recomended but it works)

·
WTF keeps ticking?!?!
1,334 Posts
I'm not being constructive, but I think it's funny that you can't say petcock as two words. Pet ****.

Anyways, maybe you could disconnect the fuel line and let it drain? I'm not sure if that would work or not.

Or you could tape the throttle open the whole way and then start the bike in neutral. Leave the garage open and hit the couch!

Don't listen to me.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not being constructive, but I think it's funny that you can't say petcock as two words. Pet ****.

Anyways, maybe you could disconnect the fuel line and let it drain? I'm not sure if that would work or not.

Or you could tape the throttle open the whole way and then start the bike in neutral. Leave the garage open and hit the couch!

Don't listen to me.

Wadjasay?

·
Giant Biker
2,323 Posts
does it not have a pet ****?

if it does just take the hose off the pet **** and run a different hose down into a gas g\can and turn the petcock on..... it will take some time but it will drain..

also make sure your gas cap is off. makes it flow better
Most fuel injected bikes don't have that. They have a fuel pump mounted in the tank, and a direct line from there to the injection. Pulling the fuel line only empties the line, the tank won't empty without the pump running.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts