Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Giant Biker
2,323 Posts
If you want a cruiser, I had a great time with my 1100 Shadow Sabre. It had plenty of in town power, handled well, cornered great (for a cruiser) and wasn't unmanageably heavy. An 1100 might be a good one to look at. It took me about 7 years to outgrow it, and another two to get my V2K. The V2K fills all my motorcycle needs. LOVE it. But it's probably not the BEST in town bike... but I have no problems with it. I heart my V2K.
Anything smaller than the V2K is too small for me ergonomically. I would love to be able to ride a C-14, but I just don't fit on it.

V2K is as close to perfect as I can get. Of course, with my size and strength, I can toss it around the way others would an 800....

· Giant Biker
2,323 Posts
Both Jodie and I have done the progression, starting on 750cc cruisers, moving up to a 1600cc cruiser, then making the switch to sport tourers and again progressing to the top in the BMW R1200RT, but we're moving down the scale again with our Triumphs which are 800cc bikes.

It was the DRs that opened our eyes to the fun of small bikes. One of the reasons I sold the RT was because it was just to dang easy to ride at ultra legal speeds without blinking. I would pull out and pass and then 30 seconds later realize I was still traveling way too fast. You don't get the feeling of speed or going fast on a fully faired bike until you're really cooking. I bought the Scrambler and it was great, it felt like I was flying and I was only doing 50 mph!

Some people can ride a hyper bike like a ZX14 or a Hayabusa and be reasonable, I'm just not one of them. ;)
I'm not sure if I could be "reasonable" on one of those bikes either. I would have to play with it-----and probably lose my license in about a week.

The nice thing about the big cruisers is that are the most fun accelerating hard from a stop or out of a turn. All of the fun is in feeling the torque. I very rarely ride my V2K over 80 mph. Going from zero to 60, or 30 to 80, that is when I get aggressive.

· Giant Biker
2,323 Posts
I'm 5'9" and 2 1/4 bills... But the Rogue fits me. I feel like I ride in it not on it more than any other bike I've sat/rode on. Thats why I jumped into the V2K from the 900. ... oh, and ya gotta love the headlight!!! :)
I'm sure it does. My point was that there are very few options even among cruisers for someone my size to be comfortable. Basically, I was trying to make the point that what fits one person may be totally different from what fits others.

I really would love to have a sport-tourer, but I just can't fit on them.

"Average" size riders have the opportunity to fit a much wider variety of bikes.

A 900 custom isn't my style, but I can ride it---albeit uncomfortably. 900 Classic or LT---I physically can't use the shifter without some serious screwing around. I would have to get a custom shifter that is longer between the heal and toe, and I would still be uncomfortable.

V2K was the only bike (at the time when i bought it) among 5 manufactures that I could immediately ride comfortably with no modifications.

· Giant Biker
2,323 Posts
Lattimer, I totally agree with all you said.... The fact that she 'fit' me was one of the main reasons she is in my stable.
Got to thinking on her size... Yeah she's big but when you go back to 'one up' after riding with my better half and a weeks worth of gear, she feels about as light and nimble as the 900 was :biggrin:
All this talkin got me wantin her all over again. We gonna go ride...;)
do you have any idea of how jealous I am that some people have warm enough weather to ride all year????????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.