Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone is interested in trading a 1996 ZX-9R for my dirt bike and I am trying to figure out if it would be worth it but I have not been able to find something comparable to figure out its aprox. value, if anyone can give me a rough estimate of what it would be worth it would be greatly appreciated. (i live in canada so the value here)

It is a 1996 ZX-9R with 65 000km's everything is apparenlty in excellent working condition, exterior has a few scratches and 'dings' here and there. Rear tire is almost brand new, front is about half worn. I dont know much about bikes, so is a bike with 65000km's even worth getting?

Thanks for the help!

·
Ninja500 Xpert
140 Posts
IDK man, that's kind of questionable...40,389 miles is a TON for a bike. Not to say that I have not seen bikes with more miles than that in perfect working condition, cuz I have!...however it is rare. I would say you definitely need to try to get a test ride... make sure there is no hesitation or sputtering etc... personally (and I'm kind of picky) I would not even buy a used bike that has more than 15,000 miles on it! maybe you could get it checked out by a bike shop before thinking of purchasing?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts