Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AHH TORQUE
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just informed yesterday that I would be travling to Spring Hill Tenn for Feb through April next year and I know that the dragons tail is only about a 4hr ride from there. If anyone is from this area what are the chances of the weather being sutable for a mid march ride to Tenn. From MO

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
changes from day to day, but the chances are better than if you're going north! March would be a "bundle up and ride" month, most likely. April is an even better chance of catching good riding days.

·
One of Four
1,231 Posts
Weather could be cold but stick around awhile and it will change. It's 72 today in K-town and is supposed to be back in the 40s by the weekend. March and April is your best bet. Be aware of small gravels on the road after winter weather. They spread them sometimes on back roads and mountain roads. I'm not sure if they use them on the Dragon.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Weather could be cold but stick around awhile and it will change. It's 72 today in K-town and is supposed to be back in the 40s by the weekend. March and April is your best bet. Be aware of small gravels on the road after winter weather. They spread them sometimes on back roads and mountain roads. I'm not sure if they use them on the Dragon.
Even if they do, the guys up there that ride regularly do an incredible job of keeping the road clear. They often go out there on their own and sweep the roads.

·
Shifted into first gear
131 Posts
I live about 1 1/2 hours south of Dragon tail. I would say, you'll be looking at 40's, possibly high of low-50's normally in March. But, you never know. Its suppose to be in mid-70's here tomorrow. Not the norm for Dec weather!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts