Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This tube was hanging from the bike. So I pulled it out when I got home. It doesn't look to terribly important.

I don't see any purpose to this part???

This looks to be what it was connect to. What is that?

·
Insect Impact Analyst
789 Posts
What bike is it? Looks to me to be an overflow tube either from your fuel system or the airbox?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I figured my title would give it away. Its an 84 750 LTD. It can't be the air box as it already has a tube, so is that what is under the fuel tank an overflow? Sorry the picture is hard to see.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Looks like there was a twin LTD 750 in 84. Model code K2.

·
Norfolk,England
240 Posts
If it has come from the part in the last picture, then it is a drain hose.
The cover is on the tank sender unit, and the hose is there to drain any fuel that may leak from the sender seal, rather than have it leak on to the engine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You guys are the best.

Its pretty bad that I'm not sure if its an 84 are not. I need to pull out the title and check for sure. I just looked at the white sticker on the front part of the frame under the handle bars and saw an 84 on it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All right I want to Kawasaki.com. Great site. It looks like I have the 84 LTD 700 with shaft drive.

I found the line in the online manual. It looked like it connected to the bottom of the gas tank under the seat. I didn't see that but I know where to look now. The part I took a picture of is the gas gauge cover. Not sure if this should have a line on it or not.

And yes it vents to the atmosphere.

·
Norfolk,England
240 Posts
Where does the other end connect? Or is open to atmosphere, routed behind the engine?

sender unit = fuel gauge

Kawasaki.com has a vin lookup in the Owner-info/Parts-diagrams section
The other end vents to atmosphere.It normally runs down to the swing arm area,along with the battery vent hose and the carb vent hose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts