Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came back from church, and found this wet mark near the coolant cap. I have not taken out any parts yet to see what is going on, and want to hear what other experienced riders would say.
Coolant level seems to be the same as when I got the bike used one year ago.
Thanks for your help.
View attachment 15436

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Probably a little coolant seeping out from the end of the tube. The clamp looks kind of oxidized, like it's had coolant on it before.

maybe just replce the clamp, clean up the area and keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For cars, the coolant cap is at the highest level. I remember seeing a coolant cap (possibly) when I took off the gas tank of my 800A. But again, there is a cap and some kind of reservor tank in the picture. It is odd...
i need to look at the diagram of the cooling system.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably a little coolant seeping out from the end of the tube. The clamp looks kind of oxidized, like it's had coolant on it before.

maybe just replce the clamp, clean up the area and keep an eye on it.
I am going to clean it and see. At least I can do that now before replacing anything, so...
Thanks for the tip, trikebubble...

·
Carbon Based Life Form
1,180 Posts
I've seen this before, you coolant rod needs to be tightened 1/4 to 1/2 turn to lower the pressure and this will stop the leak. It's in the book.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am having trouble understanding the cooling system diagram.
Not exactly sure how the reservoir tank is connected to the rest of the cooling system.
I see the overflow hose from the thermostat area to the reservoir tank. Is this all?
Then, where the heck the leak is from? The stain is around the bolt that holds the tank, and I do not see any fittings near by...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts