Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone knows what the top end of a R1 is. And is it faster then the 10r?

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
you forgot to take speedo error of 10% into account :roll: so 180=162 or so. plus all bikes after 2001 (i think that was the year) are limited to 186mph. :wink: ive done 150mph (actual) and it wasnt anything special, i would much rather hit a corner at 60mph and drag a knee then go 150+mph in a straight line. :roll:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Biine said:
Just curious if anyone knows what the top end of a R1 is. And is it faster then the 10r?
If you are asking retarded questions like this, then you don't need either. :evil:

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Wow, might as well outlaw these beautiful bikes then hu? Better put a govener in anthing that can do 80+. I mean... someone could get hurt. I'm not saying that he or anyone else is but maybe it was for racing applications? or a drag strip? Not EVERYONE does that kind of stuff on the freeways. You need a real chill pill. My own mother knows what I do and I don't get 1/10 the scolding from her when I go to visit her.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sticks and stones may break my bones when i fall off, but your words will never hurt me!!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Green Knight said:
Wow, might as well outlaw these beautiful bikes then hu? Better put a govener in anthing that can do 80+. I mean... someone could get hurt. I'm not saying that he or anyone else is but maybe it was for racing applications? or a drag strip? Not EVERYONE does that kind of stuff on the freeways. You need a real chill pill. My own mother knows what I do and I don't get 1/10 the scolding from her when I go to visit her.
There's nothing wrong with the bikes themselves. It's the same logic with guns. They aren't the problem it's the dumbass operaters that are the problem, and if your one then just go hang yourself.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
nathan600r said:
Green Knight said:
There's nothing wrong with the bikes themselves. It's the same logic with guns. They aren't the problem it's the dumbass operaters that are the problem, and if your one then just go hang yourself.
That has nothing to do with what I'm saying. What if someone were to ask which is faster? an SR71 or an F-15? I supose that person would be ranted on as well because they are stupid for wanting to know which one outperforms the other. I'm not saying that it might be bad to do that on the street. Not EVERYTHING that we on this forum do is on the STREET. Ever heard of a track? hmm?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Does it really matter? You can make either one faster than the other by modding it out! If you want to waste your money that is.....

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Green Knight said:
That has nothing to do with what I'm saying. What if someone were to ask which is faster? an SR71 or an F-15? I supose that person would be ranted on as well because they are stupid for wanting to know which one outperforms the other. I'm not saying that it might be bad to do that on the street. Not EVERYTHING that we on this forum do is on the STREET. Ever heard of a track? hmm?
If someone was going to be using a 1 liter on the track they shouldn't be asking which one is faster. If they were skilled enough to use a bike like that they would already know the answer.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Freakinout said:
Green Knight said:
If someone was going to be using a 1 liter on the track they shouldn't be asking which one is faster. If they were skilled enough to use a bike like that they would already know the answer.
People who buy bike for the track don't care what the factory settings, are since they are just going to make them as wild as possible anyway. It's why the real drag racers I know use old KZ1000s, or H2s.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Guys, i don't plan on finding the top speed of my zx10r which is 186 factory, I was just honestly wondering what the top end of the Yzf was. I'm not an idiot and i'm not out there trying to kill my self. My friend is buying one and i was just curious. Call me what you will, but i think someone needs to grow up and live there life like they want and leave there nose out of other peoples business. Your not my mother and i can ride my bike how i want. If i want to go out and wrap my bike around a telephone pole thats my choice. Its just one less person that is in the word that you don't have to worry about.

So all in all, mind your own.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
biine

That works great until my insurance rates get raised because somebody wrapped their bike around a telephone pole and the entire motorcycling community gets a worse reputation from everybody else. If you would have state your question with the information you just provided there would not be as much uproar.

·
Registered
308 Posts
****...can't someone just ask a question around here without you guys jumping all over their ****?!?!?!

The guy just wanted to know a simple answer to a simple question....that's all. Geez...
Paxil, prozac, zoloft, take your pic!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
TrashMonkey said:
****...can't someone just ask a question around here without you guys jumping all over their sh*t?!?!?!

The guy just wanted to know a simple answer to a simple question....that's all. Geez...
Paxil, prozac, zoloft, take your pic!
AMEN!!!! Thats what I'm getting at. Just cause you are asking something doesn't mean you are going to do it. I'm done trying to get it across. People here just want to argue and have the last word. This forum is ussually nice and quiet. I hate it when people decide to do this.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.