Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting tired of spending money on my current bike. I'm also already bored with its speed and performance. I plan on selling my bike with 13k miles on it for around $1400 to 1700.

I want a bike that is 2000 or newer. I plan on spending not much more than $5000 on a bike with less than 15k miles. I REALLY want a liter bike since I do a lot of long distance traveling on my bike but I know that won't happen in my price range. Do you think it is possible for me to find a reliable sportbike with over 90hp that meets all of my criteria????? Im just lookin for some models to start researching because that is a lot easier than starting from scratch.

THANKS GUYS! :-D

·
Riding every day!
1,063 Posts
Kawasaki, 2000 or newer, 1000cc, less than 15k miles, long distance traveling, less than $5k....here ya go

eBay
2000 Concours
Kawasaki : Other Item number: 250414916508

·
Riding every day!
1,063 Posts
I was also going to suggest the 1995-96 GPZ1100 but it was too old, but still a great sport touring bike.

If you want to look at other brands than Kawasaki, then the Yamaha FZ1 or the Suzuki 1200 Bandit would also be great and in your desired requirement range. I know a lady with an FZ1 who put over 100,000 miles in four years on it just touring, it's a great bike.

·
'09 Vulcan 900 Custom
906 Posts
Just did a search on EBay and found lots of ZX9r models from 2001 or so under $4500. I didn't check mileage, but they should definitely get you into the 90hp+ range with little work if it isn't already done.....

After that I would be looking for the bigger bikes like the 11, 12, or 14. I don't have time right now, but will take a closer look later tonight or tomorrow.....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was also going to suggest the 1995-96 GPZ1100 but it was too old, but still a great sport touring bike.

If you want to look at other brands than Kawasaki, then the Yamaha FZ1 or the Suzuki 1200 Bandit would also be great and in your desired requirement range. I know a lady with an FZ1 who put over 100,000 miles in four years on it just touring, it's a great bike.
AWESOME. Thanks. I mean, I can settle for an earlier year if I find one still in awesome shape I just like the thought of a newer bike because it seems like they would give me less troubles which means more riding. Oh, and I can definitely venture away from kawasaki without regrets.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just did a search on EBay and found lots of ZX9r models from 2001 or so under $4500. I didn't check mileage, but they should definitely get you into the 90hp+ range with little work if it isn't already done.....

After that I would be looking for the bigger bikes like the 11, 12, or 14. I don't have time right now, but will take a closer look later tonight or tomorrow.....
good call on the zx9, i'm browsing them right now :-D

·
Insect Interceptor
229 Posts
A buddy of mine found a local dealer with an 05 ZX10R with about 3800mi. on it and with his Bandit as a trade-in, I think he said he paid something like $5500. There's good deals out there if you're patient and keep lookin. Of course he bought a slip-on, PCIII and all new gear so he's closer to $7k but that bike didn't need ANY of that to smoke em.

·
'09 Vulcan 900 Custom
906 Posts
If you want to go with the difference from a trade in, my 08zx10r is at a shop in spartanburg where that sort of money might pick it up and I don't think it has 3000 on it yet lol

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
If you're not limiting yourself to JUST kawi, you might like the Honda CBR900RR, or an older 600 like the F4/F4i. the F4 is close to 100hp and they're pretty much a forever bike.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all of the suggestions dudes! I have a great starting point now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts