Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Obfuscation Engineer
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ask every once in a while just to see what species we are endangering besides ourselves . Although pictures are not encouraged ....

I'll start .

Two halves of a raccoon . Hit it broadside at 70
Found just the head of a rattlesnake attached to the back of my leather pants at the ankle and the rear inner fender covered with snake guts .
An ostrich . I got down to 10-15 mph but there was oncoming traffic and I couldn't swerve . The ostrich actually attacked me from about ten feet . I was laughing so hard I fell down @ 0 mph .
A 15" trout . Don't ask I have no idea .
A bullfrog . Several pounds worth dead center of the windscreen
Two dogs . Both survived .
Who needs a deer tag ? I'm at least as accurate with a bike as a rifle . Filled three tags with the bike in 30 years .
An elk . I lost . Even though it grew back it left a few permanent marks . Cow jumped into the right front of the bike . I was going near 50 leaned into a right hander . I got tangled up in the bike's highside and cartwheeled a bit . I did get the meat though . Some of my meat might have been in the burger ...

~kop

·
Biker Chef
1,026 Posts
Hit a bird at 60 km/h with my head. It hit the side of my helmet then bounced off. It was dead, and so was my neck for about 2 weeks.

Bees have been my deadliest foe while on the bike. Twice I've had bees somehow end up my friends leg "he's riding passenger on my bike" and sting me dead in the ***. Talk about hurt! But the best, more like worst, was when I was riding through town years ago, visor up, bee flys into my helmet. I pull over to the side of the road so I can get the bugger out. Too late, stung right in the eye. Possibly the worst pain I have ever endured. Eye was closed tight for a long time after that one.

I also no longer ride with my visor down B.T.W.

·
We need a Sarcasm Font!
3,864 Posts
Just bugs so far. Almost hit the bird that careened off my Hubby's windscreen.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Wow, you should start an animal journal!!! But, I guess with 30 years of riding...Dang, when did you start riding? When you were 10???
Anyway, No animals yet...But, it is a HUGE fear of mine. I won't even take the county roads at night because I KNOW how many rabbits run onto the road. BUT, I did take out a huge grasshopper the other day out by the lake....YUCK!!! I hate bugs. I had my jacket zipped down just enough for it to slap me in the chest. I promptly pulled over & zipped my jacket all the way up!!! Man, I hate bugs!

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
A bird, a yellow jacket got stuck in my helment & ate me alive, a wasp in the throat & a 40 gal rubbermaid trash can. On my way to Fl last Friday, I came thru Ga between 4&7 AM. Them pre-dawn Ga bugs is some bigggg mofo's!! I'd of been dead w/out my windshield! :shock:

·
Grade "A" Poser
2,455 Posts
I took out a bird in South Dakota last year. It swooped in from the right and hit my windshield lower. Don't know what it is about that particular type of bird because 30 minutes before that, another one had swooped down into my buddy's trailer. I thought I'd be taking out a chipmunk a couple weeks back. He ran across the highway and stopped right in the middle. Thought he was considering turning back but he then continued across. Good decision on his part.

·
Super Moderator
11,085 Posts
A couple squirrels (no traction when squished!), two dogs (both lived), several small birds (shrapnel), and a buzzard. Yes, a big-a$$ buzzard. Bounced it off my windshield, his feet scraped the left side of my helmet. They're a lot bigger up close.

Closest to big game I've come is when 2 deer were going right then abruptly did an about face. Went right between them, could have slapped one on the rump and the other in the head. I had to stop and pry the seat out from between my buttcheeks on that one.

·
Ride long and prosper
1,487 Posts
Two normalish birds and a buzzard (and yes Russ, thay are indeed big up close). Worst was a skunk. He didn't get me with stink but the fear of him getting me with stink almost made me stink myself up. Almost did the aformentioned rectal consumption of a bike seat when I came over a hill to find a cow standing in the road. I got it stopped somehow just before I would have run into the dumb thing.

·
Lets Ride 08 900 Custom
852 Posts
I removed quite a few bugs of varied specie from the genepool, gotten a few snakes and lizards, but the prarrie dogs in Idaho were the biggest, one zigged when he should have zagged went right under the tires, and the other took my left foot peg to the back of the head, he was standing up on the center line looking down the highway doint about 70, he never saw what hit him.

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Well, I haven't hit anything. The two birds committed suicide when they flew into me. Man, the small one that hit my inner thigh was cruel. The other one hit my chest. At least the chest one cleaned off easy. Did run under an elk in my car once.

·
Ride long and prosper
1,487 Posts
Too much reading as a child will warp yer mind. I promise!

Under an elk?? Was that one with external plumbing or internal?

1 - 20 of 81 Posts