Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Loud Pipes Keep Me Awake
1,648 Posts
oh my god its tinks like cheese even more either you guys are sooooooooo lying or your tales are too tall for even me anyways i live in city i dont know what wild life is like in sticks but i still call bs
Ya know, you don't have to post here if you don't like the environment.

·
Obfuscation Engineer
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
one guy had this stupid long list like he lived at a fricken zoo said he even hit a fish come on
Great introduction to the forums . I've been riding an average of 12k/year for 40 years . I've just had more chances than most .

~kop

·
Obfuscation Engineer
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
In defense of the trout it probably fell out of the back of someones truck . Trout are a bit brighter than the average opossum or 5 post wonder .

~kop

·
Registered
235 Posts
I haven't hit anything yet in my short career. Did see a ****, but I was going slow enough that I could swerve around him. I worry about deer, me and my wife have both hit them in the same place a few years apart (in a car and a van). I call it deer-run alley.

Less than a mile from the house.

·
Need Time To Ride
3,247 Posts
One thing I don't want to add to my list is deer. November is right around the corner and rut will start. I usually minimize my ride time during the rut since I know what they did to my car many years ago.

·
Needs More Cowbell
11,774 Posts
Just about added deer to my list Saturday night; big buck I'd guess was just shy of 200lbs. :shock:

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Just got back Sat nite from an 1800 mi ride to Clearwater & back. Went accross Georgia before dawn & concluded they must corn feed them pre dawn Georgia bugs cuz they is some huge mofo's! I love my winshield!

Saw an alligator in Fl on the side of the road on his back with his feet in the air. He was either dead or waiting for somebody to stop! :shock:

·
Ride long and prosper
1,487 Posts
Those big georgia bugs. Palmetto bugs is the lie the name them by in both Georgia and Florida. The American Cockroach is my name for them. Bout a 1-2 in roach that flies. Gross little blighters when they explode to.

Maybe it wasnt them but that is the worst case senario ;0

·
Registered
77 Posts
Took a pair of dragonflies mid mating routine yesterday. Right above my visore while i was tucked in on the highway. If I would have been sitting up probably would have had some dragonfly goob all up in my neck :eek:. At least they died doing what most of us love doin 8)

·
Ride long and prosper
1,487 Posts
BTW last friday on the way home I hit the messiest bug yet. Just looked like a black butterfly. Man he must have just eaten half the flowers in N. Alabama, cause when he hit the very bottom edge of the control housing that has your starter button on it, he exploded yellow like a bomb. I had it on my arms and pants. I wiped my arm on my shirt and drove on. When I got home a buddy was waiting for me. As I got off of the bike and walked over he started laughing. He said it locked like I had a fine coating of yellow hairspray in my hair. EEEEEYuCK, Shower time.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Actually hit: Birds and grey squirrels.

Come so close to hitting that I wasn't sure I was going to miss 'em: Striped King snake, garter snake, more birds, a stupid teenager who didn't look before turning and walking across the street.

Seen at close range and glad I didn't have to avoid too much: bears, deer, mules (yes, mules), and cows.

·
Fan of not being on fire
300 Posts
Hit a few bugs. Ate one of em... word of advice never yawn in a 3/4 helmet. Dodge random stuff all over the place in my neighborhood, including animals. Got hit with a bottle once, not fun. Rang my head for a while. Um, other than that, nothing but tar snakes and sewer grates.

·
Obfuscation Engineer
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I'm going to give this a bump as riding season begins . We all need an extra dose of pay attention as we brush the rust off our riding skills . Keep an eye out for the weird .

~kop

·
Guilty By Association
650 Posts
I went for a ride with my dad and his friend once. he was leading on a heritage softail, me on the 900 custom, and his buddy in the rear on a sporty. all 3 of us hit the same squirrel. dad hit it with a peg, i hit it with a tire, his friend hit it with a peg. I would like to say we didn't kill it, but.....other than that, a ton of bugs. BTW, If any of you have ever had the privilege of taking a locust to the head at speed, you will know they are all sorts of fun to clean up if your head is still ringing from the impact....

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Good bump kopcicle!

I forgot about years ago I ran over a copperhead snake curled up in the middle of a narrow dirtbike path. Came around a curve & saw him coiled up & ready to strike just in time to raise my feet. He struck & I felt him hit the bike but he must not have been too fond of the knobby tires when I ran over him cuz he sure headed for the bushes in a hurry! Scared the poopoo outa me!!
:shock:

41 - 60 of 81 Posts