Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
07 Black 900 Custom
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought black grips for my bike from Xoprodox and would like to paint the control covers in black as well....

Can someone tell me what brand of spray paint i should buy to paint them myself....I want to paint them glossy black.

·
07 Black 900 Custom
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just bought black grips for my bike from Xoprodox and would like to paint the control covers in black as well....

Can someone tell me what brand of spray paint i should buy to paint them myself....I want to paint them glossy black.
Anyone???

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
I've heard good things about Krylon Fusion for painting motorcycle bits.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I haven't heard of it used for this, but you could try duracoat. It is highly durable. It has been used a lot on guns as you see on the website, though I'm sure it should work as well. They say to let it sit for a good 7 days+ to let it fully cure so it lasts longer. Something to look into, may send them an email.

·
V 2win
444 Posts
Over the years I've painted many engine, & control parts, with any name brand enamel. Always lasted great & looked good as well.

·
Perpetual Motion
6,663 Posts
Not sure what you mean by control covers, but if they're metal... try Duplicolor, which is basically automotive quality paint in a can. Plus, the delivery is MUCH better than your typical spray 'bomb'. The paint doesn't come out in a mist. I love the stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts