Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, not visited for a long time, busy life. As Christmas is now only weeks away I am looking for presents for my son for his motocross. For protection I would really like him to have a pair of knee braces, but they all seem very expensive. As I am on a tight budget I need to look for a pair of reasonably priced knee braces but do not wish to compromise on the safety aspect. Can anyone recommend any suitable knee braces?

·
Real Men Ride Rockets
201 Posts
Check ebay you can find some good deals I got a 500.00 CTI brace for a 100.00 only used once. I would start looking now on ebay before Christmas gets any closer.

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
I do not know the age of your child,There are some opinions out there that young children should not wear the big full knee braces anyway,..as they claim that full length dual strap knee braces can too easily break a femur on a younger child.This is only some peoples opinion.

My 3 youngest boys race competitvely every weekend and I do have knee braces on them.The boys are 1) a very big 8 yr old 2) a smallish 14 yr old,and 3) an avg 15 yr old.

I chose the EVS VISION knee braces after a lot of research and asking opinions. One of the reasons,is the fact that IF some of these above claims is true,..it is a single strap above and a single strap below...and not quite as long and rigid.... it CAN move slightly in the instances they are talking about.

..but it DOES offer some hyper extension protection,and has dual pivot aluminum hinges on both sides,etc. The hinges are very well covered and padded and they do not irritate the rider.
They are about 200$ for the set and any dealership can get them from Tucker Rocky for you in a day or two.
I feel they are the best bang for the buck out there,...they come off and on easier(for kids,putting on the gear is the worst part of the morning)
,..and they have held up extremely well.

My wild one,the 14 yr old has smacked those knee braces in some bad crashes,and marked them .
I'm quite certain that regular shin/knee pads would have popped off sideways in one of those wrecks.
I'm very sold on them. All of the boys have had wrecks...as you know,that is part of the deal. The thing with something like this is:..you never really know if it done its job or not,..just that the kid flipped over and over and got back up without being hurt.

·
Real Men Ride Rockets
201 Posts
I do not know the age of your child,There are some opinions out there that young children should not wear the big full knee braces anyway,..as they claim that full length dual strap knee braces can too easily break a femur on a younger child.This is only some peoples opinion.

My 3 youngest boys race competitvely every weekend and I do have knee braces on them.The boys are 1) a very big 8 yr old 2) a smallish 14 yr old,and 3) an avg 15 yr old.

I chose the EVS VISION knee braces after a lot of research and asking opinions. One of the reasons,is the fact that IF some of these above claims is true,..it is a single strap above and a single strap below...and not quite as long and rigid.... it CAN move slightly in the instances they are talking about.

..but it DOES offer some hyper extension protection,and has dual pivot aluminum hinges on both sides,etc. The hinges are very well covered and padded and they do not irritate the rider.
They are about 200$ for the set and any dealership can get them from Tucker Rocky for you in a day or two.
I feel they are the best bang for the buck out there,...they come off and on easier(for kids,putting on the gear is the worst part of the morning)
,..and they have held up extremely well.

My wild one,the 14 yr old has smacked those knee braces in some bad crashes,and marked them .
I'm quite certain that regular shin/knee pads would have popped off sideways in one of those wrecks.
I'm very sold on them. All of the boys have had wrecks...as you know,that is part of the deal. The thing with something like this is:..you never really know if it done its job or not,..just that the kid flipped over and over and got back up without being hurt.
I agree with that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've gone for the low end EVS Vision braces. £100 GBP but very sturdy. All knee braces are uncomfortable so don't be put off by this.

·
Real Men Ride Rockets
201 Posts
I've gone for the low end EVS Vision braces. £100 GBP but very sturdy. All knee braces are uncomfortable so don't be put off by this.
When I wear my CTI I can hardly tell that I am wearing a brace.

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
I has the kids try on other kids braces here and there before we got any. They said they would never wear kneee braces. I bought The vision braces as they are supposed to be comfortable...and enforced my newest rule"wear em or don't ride...simple".

They now wear them even to practice and do not feel safe without them. I think you have to experiance some crashes to appreciate your safety gear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts