Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I ride a 1990 KX250, and would like to know what oil I am supposed to be using for the crankcase. I use either Motul or Castrol synthetic for my fuel mix, but have no idea what I should be using in the motor. I desperately need to change this, so any help/advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hi All

I ride a 1990 KX250, and would like to know what oil I am supposed to be using for the crankcase. I use either Motul or Castrol synthetic for my fuel mix, but have no idea what I should be using in the motor. I desperately need to change this, so any help/advice would be appreciated.
So this doesn't get posted again for the millionth time, do a search and you will have a year's worth of reading on opinions about what tranny oil to run.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So this doesn't get posted again for the millionth time, do a search and you will have a year's worth of reading on opinions about what tranny oil to run.
fyi:
I've done searches for: oil, motor oil, crankcase oil, "crankcase oil", "motor oil", "what oil" and others, and have not come up with any useful info.

Can you show me what to search for? Because i'm clearly doing it wrong.

·
Dirt Bike Dad
144 Posts
What does the manual say for a 1996 KX250 oil?
i'm in the process of finding out what manual to buy and what year my bike actually is. Sorry for the repeat question.
My manual says for 1996 kx250 : SE, SF or SG SAE 10w-30 or 10w-40 for transmission oil.

You can get a clymer manual that covers from 1992-2000. Its not the best, but it does the job.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.