Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

We're planning on getting two more ATVs where I work to complement the 2 Mule 3000s we have. The general manager has asked me to find out what alternatives there are to the Mules so some comparisons can be made before making a decision. At the moment I'm thinking that the diesel equivalent of the 3000 series might be a good idea as I've heard they're a good choice and have less engine related problems than the petrol (gasoline) versions which we currently have. Other than that, though, I'm not sure what else is available.

I've heard of the Gator ATVs and had a check of them, but are there more to choose from, and ones perhaps better than the Mules? Whatever we get, it must have the option of a box for the back (converts the tray into a large, enclosed storage box where we then keep our toolboxes, spares, etc., for on-site maintenance) as we already have on the Mule 3000s. This is one optional extra I couldn't find for the Gators but don't know if it's available somewhere for them.

I'd really appreciate any opinions and info on the subject.

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
actually you are going to find that there a lot of UTV's out there but alot of them are geared towards play rather than work.
Plaris made the ranger which I am not sure they still have because of the new Rzr that came out. the rhino is a little small and I don't really think it can WORK as well as a mule and I do not believe there is a diesel option.
KUBOTA makes a really nice one but it may be pricey but I believe there are attachments and such that you can hook to it.If I was getting one for work i will look at that one

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Honda also entered the side by side market this year. Haven't heard anything about it, though.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hit the local bookstore and glance through the ATV/UTV magzines to see how many there are. John Deere makes a variety of Gators. Saw one at the local golf course that had the front wheels under the seat like a cab forward truck. Think it was Gator PRO. Believe Cub Cadet compnay sells one also. I like the coil spring rear suspension of the MULE 1000 more than the leaf spring of the 3000 series, but I'm not hauling any loads. They used to make a hard surface MULE 2WD. Also a 2WD one with H/L range and locking rear axle if you don't need the extra complexity and cost of 4WD. Last I looked at Gator's they did not have any rear suspension except tire sidewall and frame flex, but the have a low center of gravity. I think many of the boxes are close to the same size as a MULE and your tool box container should adapt to that. Doesn't the loaded box make engine service difficult or does the tool box insert slide out some how?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts