Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the bike used,and I'm trying to figure out what exhaust brand these pipes are...The bike runs great,but there is a slight hesitation and sometimes a mis-fire at 1/4 throttle or less...I guess I should see If it was re-jetted for the aftermarket exhaust or not...I will take the carb off and post Which jets are currently in it in the next few weeks,Hopefully you guys can give me some insight.....Thanks.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Pipes and jets don't do much without an air intake modification. That should be easy to determine. Unless somebody did pipes and jets and didn't do the air intake. That would be odd, but sometimes people get bad advice.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It has a hypercharger,but i'm not sure if it was re-jetted...I will check which jets are in it....You never know when buying used,Other than the slight hesitation it runs great...I was just curious if anyone had these pipes on their 1500 classic,they're really loud,but I like them..

·
Registered
887 Posts
My guess would be jets have been changed, hypercharger comes with them new and runs like crap if not installed. I agree with backing out the pilot screw. Do you have baffles in those pipes? it may help to have a little backpressure, my 800 runs better with baffles then if just straight.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My guess would be jets have been changed, hypercharger comes with them new and runs like crap if not installed. I agree with backing out the pilot screw. Do you have baffles in those pipes? it may help to have a little backpressure, my 800 runs better with baffles then if just straight.
I didn't realize the Hypercharger came with jets,so I would hope the previous owner put them in,but I bought it from a girl that only owned it for about 2 months,so the first owner did all the aftermarket stuff to it....I'll mess with the pilot screw in the next week or so as suggested and no, I don't have any baffles either...I didn't even think about that as a factor,It's worth a try and my neighbors would probably appreciate it too....Thanks!

·
Registered
304 Posts
I got the bike used,and I'm trying to figure out what exhaust brand these pipes are...The bike runs great,but there is a slight hesitation and sometimes a mis-fire at 1/4 throttle or less...I guess I should see If it was re-jetted for the aftermarket exhaust or not...I will take the carb off and post Which jets are currently in it in the next few weeks,Hopefully you guys can give me some insight.....Thanks.
Don't know about the pipes or jets, but the bike looks killer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.