Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know what condition these plugs are in (haven't pulled them yet) and not even sure they're the right ones. The bike seems to run OK but it has stalled while downshifting (i'm a new rider, could be my fault). The previous owner gave me a list of all maintenence he's performed in the last 6 months but there's no mention of plugs. Also, it smells rich (like unburnt fuel) but maybe all carb bikes are like that without fuel management systems and catalytic converters.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
SPARK PLUGS

My 2001 Owners Manual says to useNGK CR8HSA or ND U24FSR-U plugs. IF you have really fresh gas, then take it out for a longer ride to get things warmed up and get any moisture out of the bike that has been setting for awhile. I personally believe in Gas with the alcohol in it (91 octane) as it cleans the fuel system, and there is not enough alcohol in the gas to ruin your gaskets, or hoses. Should ther be anything in your fuel system then your fuel filter should catch it. That is another area open for discussion. I will never use a plastic fuel filter. It will act as a capacitor in an electrical circuit by expanding and collapsing slightly with pressure (voltage in electronics). Get a serious aluminum or glass one and keep a spare. What ever you find let the FOURM know...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts