Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R. What can i upgrade on the bike to make it go faster. My friends got bigger bike and they keep on leaving me behind. Not that they smoke me. But i would like to be the first one when we riding in the highway.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Um..... that bike should go like 187mph... how much faster do you really want to go?

It should also go over 100mph in first gear without hitting redline... :roll:

·
Registered
605 Posts
no way...you want faster? are you that (pardon my american)...are you that jackass on the video I saw that was lane splitting while doing a wheelie at over 100mph, because if so...I'd hate to be your mother when I tell on you :D

·
Registered
456 Posts
The absolute best upgrade is to take the advanced rider course. It's a reasonably cheap upgrade compared to the other things you could do to your bike. And it will make more difference than all other upgrades combined. And if you ever sell your bike, you can take this upgrade with you to your next bike. It's a no-brainer if you ask me. If you're getting beat, you need to be a better rider. Don't try to teach yourself or learn from your buddies. Learn from the pro who is way better than any of those friends.
Curt

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R said:
I just got a Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R. What can i upgrade on the bike to make it go faster. My friends got bigger bike and they keep on leaving me behind. Not that they smoke me. But i would like to be the first one when we riding in the highway.
Your bike is probably the fastest. Now - on to answer your question. It's not a matter of making IT faster its a matter of making it behave better to give you more confidence to ride. Performance improvements are not cheap on bikes like yours because the engineers thought of most of them.

1. Carbon Fiber Rims - Get you into the turns faster - you get to brake later.
2. Custom make carbon fiber tank, fairing and tail piece.
3. Upgrade suspension to Ohlins Forks and Ohlins shock.
4. Custom make magnesium swing arm.

All of the above will cost you at least what you paid for on your bike already.

You can probably skip all that and go straight to a riding school and learn more. If you put 10,000 in riding lessons I guarantee you'll be the first everytime and probably be able to talk about it (you'll be alive) 8)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Do they all have 12R's? or hayabusa's? I checked a website and they had a faster 0-60 time posted for the 10R than the 12R. THey are **** close though.
zx-10R
1/4-mile: 10.06 sec. @ 145.3 mph
0-60 mph: 2.92 sec.
0-100 mph: 5.45 sec.

zx-12r
1/4-mile*: 9.87 sec. @ 146.29 mph
0-60 mph: 2.97 sec.
0-100 mph: 5.54 sec.

Both are from www.motorcyclistonline.com/roadtests/

·
Registered
158 Posts
:shock: ????? Are you running with friends that have modd'd bikes? Because you should have NOOOOO problems in keeping up with most bikes on the road. To illustrate what a 10 can do with a proper rider, Norm Jackson has been shattering all people's idea of what a 10 can run in the quarter. He's running a stock motor 10 that only has a few mods on it for drag racing duties. He threw up a 9.16 sec 1/4 mile time at about 153ish MPH. That's smokin' fast. When I was still breaking in my bike, I was riding with a friends who have a 99 ZX-6 and a 04 CBR1000RR. Even with me short shifting and keeping the rev's under 6k, I didn't have problems accelerating with them and keeping them in sight.

·
Registered
21 Posts
this guy is full of it, I'd bet he's never even sat on a 10r

no offence but please post some pics of your bike and todays paper then I'll believe you

·
NO---I ain't dead--yet
266 Posts
If you actually have what you say you have----you currently own one of the fastest street legal vehicles on the road---of any kind.

In this case it the rider---not the bike. Needing to upgrade the software and not the hardware.

·
Registered
4 Posts
How long have you been riding? and what have you ridden? :roll: you sound like a complete novice to me......where do you ride? if you can't keep up with your mates on a ZX-10, then i think you should take up fishing :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts