Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy the Dyno leather jacket but not sure whether to go with the size 40 us or size 42. I'm about 5"11 175 pounds. Are there any other people with similar body sizes that wear alpinestars? Can you tell me what size you wear?

I've only seen the TZ-1 jackets in store to try on, and the 40 was pretty tight but workable, the 42 gave some slack and a bit more breathing room. I want to be able to wear a hoodie undernearth maybe occasionally. How are the Dyno cut compared to the TZ-1? I've heard store employees tell me theyre all cut the same, and others say each jacket is cut differently. I've also heard that the Dyno's sleeves are cut a bit longer than the other
Alpinestars. Does anyone have any feedback on these claims?

Feedback is much appreciated.

-Alex

p.s. sorry if this is the wrong forum, I didn't see one for 'gear'.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Hello Alex and Welcome!

Sorry I can't help you with your questions but someone will probably come along and offer some pointers. Just one thing to add is when I bought my leather jacket.....I did go a size bigger to allow for layered clothing underneath when needed.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
I am 6', 185 lbs and I found that the size 44 fits me very well. My chest measurement is a 42 and it fit OK, but I didn't like the fit through the shoulders as well as I do the 44. I didn't think I would be as comfortable on long rides if the jacket felt slightly confining. The 44 fits me snugly but with enough room that it doesn't feel like it squeezes me anywhere. The best bet is still to try one on for yourself before shelling out the cash.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
welcome to the forum Alex. i would definitely say to go with the 42 and have a little extra room. keep in mind that a hoodie will take up more space than a regular sweatshirt, mainly around the neck. i have actually gotten away from wearing hoodies when riding, just for that reason. either way, welcome, and stick around, this is a great forum.
david

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Teknic is my kinda gear but go to www.kneedraggers.com. They have sizing charts for all the gear they sell. Plus they have a lot of other accessories you might want.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. Im gonna go with the size 42.

Green knight I saw the sizing charts on kneedraggers, thanks.

·
Registered
285 Posts
reviving this thread from the dead, just got in the mail an Alpinestars Spinner jacket in size medium and im around 5-11 6'0 175lbs and the thing is way too tight in the stomach and overaul cant even use the adjustable waist cause its that tight, I know this leather breaks in and felt ok in the arms but im gonna go with the large thats 42-44. Glad I found this thread.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts