Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
size

i'd say a 125 would be fine for your size- you'll be able to tell when you sit on a few different bikes :wink:

·
Registered
344 Posts
If you're concerned about finding a bike in your size for street riding, and think off road might be more the right size (?) then there is always the Kawasaki 125 Eliminator.

If you are looking for off road use, then stick to an off road bike. And please don't ride it on the road.

Welcome to the forum.

Al

·
Registered
741 Posts
When you say 125cc I assume you're looking at MX two strokes Actually there is not much difference in height between a 125 and a 250 altho a huge difference in performance, The 125cc in any brand is very peaky with a light switch power band and must be kept on the pipe in order to run correctly. This equates to constant use of the 6 speed tranny. Not the ideal trail bike, especially for a novice rider. Much depends on what your riding style will be as to 2 or 4 strokes

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Need to consider your weight as well as build and inseam.
But I'd start at 250cc if you're of average to adult build.

You need to try and test and try and test and.....
Your muscles will adapt in time as the bike becomes a part of you. That's when a 125cc might feel a bit light.

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!

Gotta sit on em to find out what feels best.....a test ride would be even better.
Are you a beginner? If so, take the MSF course 1st. Learning to ride properly on their bike will help you a lot in making your own decision.

Good luck & keep us posted :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
493 Posts
If we are talking dirt, the size should not matter. I am 5'5" also and was riding KTM 300 and XR600 for years. In the dirt just get on it like a horse as you let out the clutch and go....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts