Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member and I own a 2003 zx6r 636. I'm a soldier in iraq and when i get home i plan on putting a little money into my bike. Right now I have a muzzy slip-on exhaust that sounds o.k. but I want something that's going to sound real mean. I plan on adding a power commander III also.
Thanks,
carlito

·
Premium Member
2,408 Posts
I like the sounds of full yoshi's.... i dunno if they are "mean" but they have a distinctive sound. You can find many sound clips online... do a google.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Welcome! You've got yourself one of the best 600-class bikes ever IMO.
As far as exhaust systems there are many out there to choose from. Personally I like Yoshi and Akrapovic, but it's all about what YOU like.

·
Lets RIDE!
934 Posts
Don't get a yoshi! haha they don't sound "mean" at all, more like a can of wuss. High pitched and annoying is what I thought of them as people drove by.

·
Registered
317 Posts
PineboxOnline - Home

Link Above said:
What is it?

-This is a very unique performance motorcycle exhaust for the Kawasaki Ninja.
-This exhaust is not for everyone. This is not for people who are afraid of noise. You know how the old saying goes...."If it's too loud, you're too old!" This is true for this exhaust. This will make your bike sound like nothing else on the road. You will get noticed. Your bike will sound like it belongs on an F1 or Indy car track.
They also make an exhaust for the 07 ZX-6Rs if anyone is wondering.

I've never heard anyone call the Yoshis loud...Usually people say they're quieter than stock even.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Welcome. Thanks for what you are doing for us in Iraq and get home safe.

I like the Yoshi's. Here is a vid of my twin can's of wuss in action. They are louder than stock and I get nothing but compliments on their look and sound. Maybe they sound crappy on a single pipe 600 but they sure as hell sound tough on a knee draggin ZX14 with duals.

YouTube - Knee Draggin' on ZX14

·
Registered
477 Posts
Thank you bro for being in the armed forces first of all. Welcome as well. I had a 2003 636...I had a Micron. On my 600RR I had a Yoshi. They both had a distinctive sound. Akra sounds great as well.

Here are some ideas for you...This was my beloved 636.

I saw the words "was my beloved 636".........what happened? Sell, crash or stolen? Great looking bike.

·
Registered
324 Posts
On the sportbike i have owned, i have used to different aftermarket pipes.
I use a V&H SSR2 and that had a high pitch to it. sounded nice though.

But on my zx9r, I have a D&D slip on and i love it. it is alot deeper that most pipes and it is louder... if i bum around town without a helmet (which i rarely do) the pipe really barks,

I am thinking of getting the headers to make it the full system.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I only have experience with the 06 636, but I put a Leo-Vince slip-on on mine and it sounds awesome - fuggen load, throaty, and raw.

I know they make pipes for the 03/04 as well, I only seen one but aesthetically I did not like it that much - it was a low mount and for the 03/04 I much prefer high-mounts like the Micron ervins had on his. Depends whether you are more after sound or looks...

Good luck on your buy and make sure to get home safe :smile:

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
Thank you bro for being in the armed forces first of all. Welcome as well. I had a 2003 636...I had a Micron. On my 600RR I had a Yoshi. They both had a distinctive sound. Akra sounds great as well.

Here are some ideas for you...This was my beloved 636.

I saw the words "was my beloved 636".........what happened? Sell, crash or stolen? Great looking bike.
Crashed it at track going 100mph+ (I hate the wind)...Mostly plastics and Speedo...Sold it for $1k...Friend is fixing it up...It is a green Red Bull plastics off ebay, anozed red rearsets, green Micron, chrome green Sportech windshield, it will look nice...Maybe as nice as it was when I had it.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
ervins said:
it will look nice...Maybe as nice as it was when I had it.
I doubt that bro... even though the fact that it is green will certainly help :biggrin:

·
Registered
413 Posts
On the sportbike i have owned, i have used to different aftermarket pipes.
I use a V&H SSR2 and that had a high pitch to it. sounded nice though.

But on my zx9r, I have a D&D slip on and i love it. it is alot deeper that most pipes and it is louder... if i bum around town without a helmet (which i rarely do) the pipe really barks,

I am thinking of getting the headers to make it the full system.
I have a D and D also and it sounds awesome and pretty loud. I get good comments on it everytime i ride.

·
03 ZX-12R
609 Posts
Why do you want something that sounds "mean" rather than one that will improve performance?
If all you're looking for is sound keep the slip-on, if you want performance buy the full system.
D&D is the loudest out of the box, but if you just want loud just gut your current pipe.

·
Registered
344 Posts
no sh.t

Don't get a yoshi! haha they don't sound "mean" at all, more like a can of wuss. High pitched and annoying is what I thought of them as people drove by.
i always drove with my helmet on but on time i went to the store with it off
i have a yoshimura rs5 on my 05 zx6r and it is ear piercing i love it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts