·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is assuming you ole geezers can ride one :razz: j/k

lets say you just wanted one to fool around with and take short or trailered
jounts. and lets say you might ride it 6 times a year,so its just a toy
not your daily rider

i will graciously permit all mfg's to be tolerated and then will delete the ones i don't like :p

comom don't be chicken :wink:

for me - kaw R12 (blk/gld)

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you're talking about a sport bike for the street, not for the track, I'd go with any Triumph triple. I think it's the ideal sport bike for a cruiser rider. Why? The triple engine has a lot more low-end torque than the in-line fours, so it should have a more familiar feel (except for the vibration - the engines are butter smooth). The power climbs smoothly and predictably from there. Add to that the fact that the ergos are a little less radical, and you have a bike that's quick, nimble, and sporty, but more comfortable for everyday riding.

·
Registered
67 Posts
that's an easy one it's be a zx7. don't even have a color preference, Just love the way those things look. Now the hard part would be explaining the 2nd one to the spouse.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
i've never really imagined myself on a sport'er so I'll need to think this over a bit and come back with my answer

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hayabusa first. ZX12R second. Both have predictable powerbands. You can never have too much power! :)

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Biko ,I haven't really paid that much attention to them to know one size from the other. I have sat on a few at the dealer. I guess I'll just ride your's on my next visit to FL. Don't know if you've pick one out yet ,but I do want to learn to do stoppies an wheelies so your's would be a good one to learn on , wouldn't it ?

·
Sprinting G-Man
4,169 Posts
I actually intend to get one someday for my second bike (already got the OK from the wife...she's a good woman!). I'm a little torn between the light nimble CBR 600RR, the more powerful CBR 1000RR and the Hayabusa for flat out flyin' :twisted:

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Gee....and all this time I thought a sport bike was a mountain bike! LOL :)

Kidding aside....I'm not familiar with sport bikes as I have never been around them nor sat on them. I see some college students riding them around campus and often think it would be fun to try one....but then I woudn't be riding my 1500. :shock:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Take a look at the Yamaha FJR1300. 145 hp but it lets you sit up a little strighter that the normal street bike. My buddy has one and it is an incredible bike. If I didn't like cruisers so much I would get one. It's ungodly fast.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm not really interested in the hard core sport bike, per se. However, if ever I could be enticed off a cruiser, the Suzuki standards (V-Stroms, SV series) or the Kawasaki ZZR 1200, Z750s, Z1000, ZRX 1200r series of streetbikes would be the ones to do it. The Z750s is the winner in this bunch, but all appeal to me.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hyabusa

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hayabusa...There is no substitute.

Especially if you own one with over 200 rwhp.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I've owned multiple sport bikes, the most recent being a Honda CBR600F3 a few years back. If it were me and I was leaning that way again, I'd definitely be getting a Yamaha FZ1. They're labeled as the Fazer in those "other" markets. :)

They're incredible to ride, offering all-day comfort and good wind protection, while still having plenty of giddy-up. It's fitted with the exact same engine as the YZF-R1 (more or less). It's also rated as having some of the best passenger accomodations available on a sport/naked bike. It might not look quite as cool as other fully dressed sport bikes, but your back and wrists will thank you!

Geez, it's surprising to hear all of this praise come out of my mouth... Hope the Meanie didn't hear.

--MK

·
Registered
308 Posts
Probably a ZX-6R. They are really good looking and would be fun to cruise around on. Though the ZX-10R is cool too but I don't need to go 100 mph in 1st gear. Though I did drive a Ninja 250R this past summer and what a fun little bike, decent power and very easy to cruise around on.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I want to try Ducati SC Smart 1000LE (I don’t know if it is available in US) so at least I look good when I crash. :)

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
hmmmm
well, i would lean towards a sport tourer first, which is what i was going to get before i bought the Nomad. i was looking at the BMW R1150RT which is an awesome bike, and a close second is the Honda ST1300, also very nice. Yamaha's FJR1300 is nice, but a little too sporty if i was looking at a sport-tourer. other than that, i am a big fan of Suzuki's SV650 and SV1000 as well as Kawi's ZZR1200. i have ridden an early 90's GSXR1100 (too big of a bike), an 03 CBR600RR (too small of a bike), an 89 Katana 750 (too heavy, not enough power), and an 03 R1 (sick bike) and just can't see myself spending hours on a bike like this. that would be why i would lean towards an SV or the ZZR as a second bike.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I'm with Woodchuck- I'd take your sporty Bikeaholic ;-)

I've never been real big on sportsbikes, but I'd love to take the mighty Hayabusa out for a romp.

Phatboy

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'd definitely need to work my way up to a 'busa. Those things just scare the oil right out of me (synthetic, of course). I've ridden my buddy's SV1000 (naked) and I'm just not sold on the riding position. Me? I like to keep my a$$ down toward the pavement rather than my chest.

·
Sprinting G-Man
4,169 Posts
PickYourPockets said:
I'd definitely need to work my way up to a 'busa. Those things just scare the oil right out of me (synthetic, of course). I've ridden my buddy's SV1000 (naked) and I'm just not sold on the riding position. Me? I like to keep my a$$ down toward the pavement rather than my chest.
Pick,

What were you doing riding your buddy's bike NAKED!?! :p LOL.
Just kiddin'.

Scott

1 - 20 of 25 Posts