Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard for better acceleration get either a larger rear sprocket or a small front sprocket or both. Which of the three is best? What number teeth do you recommend for them? And does anyone have it done and do you feel a difference? Also what brand do you guys recommend? Thanks! I have a ZX636R 04. :?:

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
-1 in front +3 in back. i wouldnt go over -1 in the front cause your tightening up the curve the chain has to go around and putting more stress on it.
as for a difference, ill guarentee you feel a difference. have never had a reason to do it on my ZRX since i already have more than enough TORQUE EVERYWHERE ! :wink:
there are lots and lots of kits out there. cant remember any of the names right now. :?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Definitly don't go more than -1 on the front. Just doing the front sprocket is the cheapest way to go, but it can cause issues with the chain guide on some bikes. My roomate went -1 on his 04 636 and hasn't had any issues yet so you might be alright.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I tried different setups. You can see big difference, but i liked the most -1 at front and standard at rear. I'm riding a Ninja 500, and I don't think you need it on 636. That bike is crazy enough.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Cale said:
I tried different setups. You can see big difference, but i liked the most -1 at front and standard at rear. I'm riding a Ninja 500, and I don't think you need it on 636. That bike is crazy enough.

I have a 04 500r ninja And The -1 in the front and the stock in the rear works great can you tell a difference and what rpm range do you notice a difference in And were can i get one thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
Difference in RPMs is ~6-10% (Depends of gears). If you need in 6th 10K for 200kmh (124mph), now you will need 10,600 rpm for it, or if you like 5K for 100kmh(62mph), now will be 5,300rpm. The bike is more pleasant and more responsive to ride. Practically top speed is the same but at higher rpms, and acceleration is better. I bought it in a dealership for $18can~ $14us. The best spent $ for mods ever.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I didn't know if there was some where I could order it on line Do you know what tooth is stock

1 - 8 of 8 Posts