Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i just re built my top end did a compression test it was 210 whats the worst that can happen with a compression that high?

·
Registered
917 Posts
detonation if you use too low of octane gas

20 hours ago you posted you were a new rider and did not know what reeds were but now you rebuilt a top end and got 210psi out of it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm.. thanks buddy and yes this is my first bike bro.. i ordered a new piston and rings from the local dealer and installed it myself and they did the compression test for me if you wanna get techinical

·
Obfuscation Engineer
6,703 Posts
Hydrocarbon fuels for use in internal combustion engines are designed to burn rather than explode .
When because of excessive adiabatic pressure , hot deposits in the combustion chamber , excessive compression ratio , incorrect timing , excessive clearance in the reciprocating assembly causing reduced piston to cylinder head clearance and acceleration spikes at Top Dead Center , insufficient octane rating for the application or any and all of the above take place the fuel air charge spontaneously explodes or detonates . This leads to air conditioned pistons , two piece connecting rods , atmospheric operation of crank bearings and your sister marrying a liberal republican from California .

~kop

·
Dirt Bike Dad
144 Posts
Hydrocarbon fuels for use in internal combustion engines are designed to burn rather than explode .
When because of excessive adiabatic pressure , hot deposits in the combustion chamber , excessive compression ratio , incorrect timing , excessive clearance in the reciprocating assembly causing reduced piston to cylinder head clearance and acceleration spikes at Top Dead Center , insufficient octane rating for the application or any and all of the above take place the fuel air charge spontaneously explodes or detonates . This leads to air conditioned pistons , two piece connecting rods , atmospheric operation of crank bearings and your sister marrying a liberal republican from California .

~kop
This made me laugh, nice one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok so i just re built my top end did a compression test it was 210 whats the worst that can happen with a compression that high?
to much compression is bad because you can pop the piston and connecting rod in your motor becasue when the piston moves downwards it creates compression feeding feul into the cyliender and then makeing that power out to the transmisson that drives your bike well if there is to much compression the piston has no where to go .so it scrapes your cyliender walls and will adventualy take chunks out of your cyliender

1 - 8 of 8 Posts