Discussion Starter #1
To get for my 07 900 Custom.

1. Menphis Shades
2. National Cycle
3. Pella :biggrin:

·
Registered
241 Posts
I like the looks of the national cycle chopped. that is what i'm going to put on my 1500 classic this winter. switchblade of course, so i can take it off while in town cruising.

·
ILBTS
1,248 Posts
I dont use a windshield, but if i did, it would Memphis Shades, w/o a doubt.
simply because i have inside info that says they have some of the most advanced wind tunnel research put into their products.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i have a national cycle switchblade 2up. i love it, it pops on and off in about 2 seconds. i drive alot of highway since i live out of town so i find the 2up great for blocking the wind. it also doesnt look as big as you would think. the hardware isn't all that noticable with the windsheild off either.

·
Riding rain or shine
10 Posts
Anyone have a 900 custom thay have a shield on
I recently purchased the Memphis shades Alley Cat w/9" cutout. The h/w is mem9959 got it on a popular auction site for cheaper than I could find elsewhere. For the most part I like it. I think the Bigshot would've been too big or not looked right. My custom is blue and the shield I got fades to blue and it is so much better looking than some of the other ones out there.

Ummm.. SORRY no pics yet. but there are some on here that's how I made my Choice you'll have to do a search.

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
I have the Memphis Shades 19" with quick disconnect bracket. Works great, no problems so far, and I really like how easy is to remove if I want to ride without it or for cleaning.

·
guitar junkie
1,487 Posts
I have the National Cycle chopped on my 900 classic.It's not a quick release but it can be removed via 4 bolts. It's easy to adjust to find that perfect height and it is a very solid shield.

·
Registered
251 Posts
To get for my 07 900 Custom.

1. Menphis Shades
2. National Cycle
3. Pella :biggrin:
Memphis Shades Alley Cat. It's big enough to block the wind, but small enough to look great on the Custom. It also has a quick release, so you loosen four bolts and it comes right off...

Check out the photos of it on my Blue 900 Custom:

By the way, I sold my 900 a month ago and have the shield listed for sale here - Asking $75 (OBO) and it was only on the bike for a couple weeks...

·
guitar junkie
1,487 Posts
windshield

That's the chopped heavy duty then isn't it?
It sure is.Sorry i dont have a pic to show you,but it is the heavy duty. No movement at highway speeds .It is a really solid shield. Quick release or not is just personal taste but since I put this on,I have no desire to take it off. There is a decent pic of this shield on the National Cycle web site.

·
Registered
241 Posts
It sure is.Sorry i dont have a pic to show you,but it is the heavy duty. No movement at highway speeds .It is a really solid shield. Quick release or not is just personal taste but since I put this on,I have no desire to take it off. There is a decent pic of this shield on the National Cycle web site.
It was my understanding that the non-heavy duty chopped was the only one made for the quick release. I would love to put the chopped heavy duty on using the switchblade hardware. Is this possible?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I have the Memphis Shades Fat on my Custom.
Very nice, and comes off in 20 seconds without tools.

The one for Harley wide glide fits perfectly.

·
Carbon Based Life Form
1,180 Posts
I have a Memphis Fat 21" on my 900 classic -w- quick release. I love the wind protection at hiway speeds,smooth sailing. My wife has the stock Kawi shield on her 800 custom better than nothing. I like the look and feel around town of no shield but on the road I want the best bug & wind protection. I have NEVER felt a bug with fats 21"

·
900 Customer
901 Posts
I'm looking at the Memphis Shades Pop Top for my Custom. It's nice and small, but still big enough to be useful.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts