Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you may have read my post about my prairie 360 wrecking and catching on fire. the fire did a substantial amount of damage. the kawasaki mechanic has looked at it and just looking and not taking anything apart he is up to $2050 in parts, $895 labor. i paid around $4200 for the quad.

my dad has built himself a custom harley chopper and put together a kit bike for my sister. he is going to do the work for me. the dealer is being very reasonable on the parts and some things i'm not going to replace, but the main harness and everything in that area is toast.

my husband, son and daughter will be riding the quad after it's repaired. but naturally as a mother, i'm really scared about repairing it and another wreck occuring.

i've tried to talk to a couple of friends, but they are of the believe that all quads should be outlawed, so their opinion didn't reallly matter or hold much weight for me.

i bought the quad knowing that there are risk involved. but there are risk involved in living in general.

i'd love to get some feedback from quad owners.

but i am fully intending on having the quad repaired.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep, break em and fix em. that's what we're going to do. i can seem to find part for the 360 on ebay, but there's a dealer on ebay that i'm going to call after this weekend. we're going to try to strip it down this weekend and see what we need to do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
crashed 360

I have followed your story and am glad to see you rebuild the quad. I rolled my prarie 650 last summer and had to rebuild it also . I have ridden since I was 12, I'm now 43 and it was the first time that I rolled one. We have three kawi dealers locally and they all gave me diffrent prices on parts. Beartooth was absolutely the best deal. Lauri and Melissa were sharp and got me exactly what I ordered.Also, you gotta have a shop manual or you'll probably be buying things you don't need. Many times a simple test with a meter will save an electrical part and it sounds like you're going to have alot of that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
took the quad apart this weekend. there is a couple of thousand dollars worth of damage. everything is burned in front of the engine. the gas tank didn't burn thru but it's oozing gasoline out of it. the entire oil cooling system is torched. it's really sickening. :cry: my son is heartbroken. he wanted one for so long, then to have it destroyed is disheartening. but it's also going to be a GREAT learning experience for my son. it'll be great for him to see the rebuild. my dad built a custom chopper for himself last year. (he built his own frame and everything. at christmas this year he completed a bike kit for my sister, so he knows enough about bikes, that he is going to get this one to run again. so there is still hope. i can't find used parts, i guess becuz the bike is so new.

i had placed an order this week, but i'm going to cancel some of the parts, cuz the way we are going to rebuild it. we probably won't be using them. i did order a service manual. i can't wait to get my hands on it.

this will all work out. never give up is my motto. we know we are bless that everyone walked away. thanks for the encouragement to rebuild.

glenn, glad your ok after your roll. i know that there are risked involved, but there is also so much pleasure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts