Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm new here.

Could someone tell me what year the NINJA was introduced?

I have been told 1993 was the first year but I just read in another thread a guy that said he has an 85 NINJA.

Thanks!

·
Registered
408 Posts
The Ninja is 20 years old this year! Page 2 of Kawasaki's 2004 Ninja brochure (still available via the direct link below) begins with these words,

"Twenty years ago, at California's Laguna Seca raceway, Kawasaki launched an incredible new machine to the motorcycling press. With an outrageous 900cc liquid-cooled DOHC engine squeezed into a 750-size frame, the 1984 Ninja® 900R sportbike delivered performance so powerful that only a racetrack could contain it. It also brought a new name that would forever be associated with some of the finest, and most furious, sportbikes ever built. That name was Ninja."

http://www.buykawasaki.com/site/BrBrochures/brochures/2004MY_Ninja.pdf

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Neo said:
The Ninja is 20 years old this year! Page 2 of Kawasaki's 2004 Ninja brochure (still available via the direct link below) begins with these words,

"Twenty years ago, at California's Laguna Seca raceway, Kawasaki launched an incredible new machine to the motorcycling press. With an outrageous 900cc liquid-cooled DOHC engine squeezed into a 750-size frame, the 1984 Ninja® 900R sportbike delivered performance so powerful that only a racetrack could contain it. It also brought a new name that would forever be associated with some of the finest, and most furious, sportbikes ever built. That name was Ninja."

http://www.buykawasaki.com/site/BrBrochures/brochures/2004MY_Ninja.pdf
Very Cool!! :D 8)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. When I bought my 1992 EX500 from a guy on eBay it was listed under NINJA. I was told that it was not a NINJA. I was told that the EX500 was renamed the NINJA 500 in 1993.

It makes no diffrence because it is one sweet bike but is it a NINJA or not? :?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
zom said:
Hi all. I'm new here.

Could someone tell me what year the NINJA was introduced?

I have been told 1993 was the first year but I just read in another thread a guy that said he has an 85 NINJA.

Thanks!
The one that started it all was a 1984 ZX900 A1(Ninja 900) here in the states and abroad was called the Gpz900r. The following year they came out with a Ninja 600 and the following year was a 750. Kawasaki did not product a 500 for a number of years because the Ninja 600 did so well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts