Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Overall

The 2009 XR1200 gives Harley Davidson a great start into the sports bike market, and the Kawasaki Z1000 makes for an excellent matchup. The Harley Davidson's gearing and low power band could give the XR1200 the advantage off the line, but the Kawasaki's weight advantage and 123 horsepower at 10,000 rpm would give the Z1000 the advantage on the top end. The key difference between these two naked sports bikes is the price, with the Harley Davidson setting a buyer back $10,799 and the Kawasaki carrying an MSRP of $8,899, the Kawasaki is quite the bargain.

The 2009 Harley Davidson XR1200 is receiving great reviews from around the world, as it proves to be the best sports bike entry from Harley Davidson in decades, but the heavy motorcycle could use more power. If you are looking for the Harley Davidson attitude, with low end bite and plenty of bark to announce it, the XR1200 is for you. On the other hand, the Kawasaki Z1000 offers a more capable suspension and a high-revving 123 horsepower engine, so for overall performance at a bargain price, the Kawasaki would be the winner.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Overall

The 2009 XR1200 gives Harley Davidson a great start into the sports bike market, and the Kawasaki Z1000 makes for an excellent matchup. The Harley Davidson's gearing and low power band could give the XR1200 the advantage off the line, but the Kawasaki's weight advantage and 123 horsepower at 10,000 rpm would give the Z1000 the advantage on the top end. The key difference between these two naked sports bikes is the price, with the Harley Davidson setting a buyer back $10,799 and the Kawasaki carrying an MSRP of $8,899, the Kawasaki is quite the bargain.

The 2009 Harley Davidson XR1200 is receiving great reviews from around the world, as it proves to be the best sports bike entry from Harley Davidson in decades, but the heavy motorcycle could use more power. If you are looking for the Harley Davidson attitude, with low end bite and plenty of bark to announce it, the XR1200 is for you. On the other hand, the Kawasaki Z1000 offers a more capable suspension and a high-revving 123 horsepower engine, so for overall performance at a bargain price, the Kawasaki would be the winner.
...enough said ??

·
Insect Interceptor
229 Posts
That's pretty sad. I wouldn't put those bikes next to eachother and compare them. It's just not fair to the Harley. I don't know much about Harleys but isn't that just basically a Sportster?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...enough said ??
You needed to go further in the article where the poll was taken, that's what was funny. No one in their right mind would compare but then they go down the "but it's a Harley" path which to me what was ultimately funny.

You'll buy it, because it's a "Harley" OMG how brainwashed are people?

It was a chapter right out of the Milwaukee brain washing guide. Now THAT was funny!!!!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's pretty sad. I wouldn't put those bikes next to eachother and compare them. It's just not fair to the Harley. I don't know much about Harleys but isn't that just basically a Sportster?
The poll and the comments made were funnier then the entire article. Some of the people get it, allot didn't.

·
Insect Interceptor
229 Posts
Sounds like "but it's a Harley" is more of an excuse for being out of it's league with the Kawi than a sales pitch.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
not even comparable bikes to me honestly. an XR1200 is just a glorified sporty, unlike the Z1000, which to me, is a purpose built hell raising and twisy carving beast.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
not even comparable bikes to me honestly. an XR1200 is just a glorified sporty, unlike the Z1000, which to me, is a purpose built hell raising and twisy carving beast.
Honestly, the XR1200 is more than a glorified anything. It has the bloodline of champions, and i'd take one in a heartbeat.

·
Insect Interceptor
229 Posts
Honestly, I love all bikes. Just havin a little fun. Mostly razzin the tool that used a Z1000 as a comparison. Apples and oranges man. It would have made it more appealing if he had compared it to an older sporty by mentioning all the upgrades and left the Kawi out of it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not a good comparison and the brainwashing of the new to average rider is no surprise either. My buddy who owned both a harley and a sport bike, had to take a new harley rider down a peg at a gas station. The guy was talking $hit while filllling up his 883 sportster. lol I love anything 2 wheels just some are not for me. Now the Victory's are a different story, me likey.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts