Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1978 Kawasaki KD125
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '81 KX250 didn't come with a throttle assembly. I could go OEM but understand there's aftermarket solutions as well. I don't want to buy junk though. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1978 Kawasaki KD125
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I should have been more specific. I meant throttle assembly as in the mechanism that is controlled by the right hand grip. The entire thing was missing from my bike. I'll need new grips as well. I might go OEM, but the guy I bought it from said there's aftermarket options too. One was "whirlpool" but I thought those guys made washing machines 😗

Hood Green Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Surveillance camera

·
Registered
757 Posts
The consideration on your throttle is that it must open the ccarb up without having to go around a ful turn, like wise, it shouldn't open it up in 1/4 turn, it would be tooo hard to control. I would just buy a stock unit, or look up a replacement stock unit and cable. Use Google, Google is your friend. :)

·
Registered
1978 Kawasaki KD125
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The consideration on your throttle is that it must open the ccarb up without having to go around a ful turn, like wise, it shouldn't open it up in 1/4 turn, it would be tooo hard to control. I would just buy a stock unit, or look up a replacement stock unit and cable. Use Google, Google is your friend. :)
Ya you're right. For something that important I will stick with stock. Thanks for your input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts