Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am researching sissy bars for my meanie. I will be installing it along with the Mustang dual sport seat. I want the mini version of what ever bar I chose. I was wondering what Brand were best, base on the group's advice. I have looked at Corba,Jardine,Custom World and Mapam. They all vary widely in price but what about quality and fit ???
Any feed back would be GREAT !!!!! :grin:
Thanks

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
i have purchased items that were made by Mapam and was actually impressed with the quality compared to the price. then again, i am not a show quality kind of person, so i am easier to please. i would say that you get what you pay for with quality, but the cheaper ones do the job ok as well. just depends on what you want.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have the Cobra short model and it is excellent, It is super solid and my fiance likes it allot give her allot of confidence that it will not bend. It looks really good compliments my Vulcan perfectly. It was pretty pricey, 240 bucks I believe? But after I got it and saw how well it is made I figure money well spent.

·
Registered
27 Posts
what about mounting points?

I'll be interested to see how you with sissy bar. The mounts for the 04 meanie I think are different to the '03.The '03 racks and saddle bag bars seem to mount thru the cover piece with 4 8mm bolts- 2 each side.The '04 meanie covers bolt on with small 1/8 allen heads boltss- same spacing as the bigger mounting bolts under the guard but you cant get to them with the cover on.I have had to drill the covers and make spacers etc to fit my '03 bag frames and so I can use these as mounts for a Cobra sissy bar and rack I already have (not for a meanie)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts