Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Without scratching the paint or anything? Might seem like a stupid question, but I'd rather know the best way rather than trial and error.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
goo-gone and a blow drier, try heating up the decals first and then slowly peel them off while you keep it hot. Then whatever left overs are still there use goo-gone or another adhesive remover to clean em up.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Freakinout said:
goo-gone and a blow drier, try heating up the decals first and then slowly peel them off while you keep it hot. Then whatever left overs are still there use goo-gone or another adhesive remover to clean em up.
Hey....I took of the factory stickers that were on my tank :eek: ...you know the ones that mention about over-filling your gas tank etc.....was that ok to do that? Or is like one of those things, if you remove the tag off the pillow you will be jailed??!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
We know where you live Ninjagirl and are coming to get you. Hope you like handcuffs.

hahah

As suggested, use heat to remove stickers. I would say heat gun, but since the bike is probably brand new that would be fine. If you use a heat gun - keep it moving so you don't fry the paint and bubble it.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
NinjaGirl said:
Freakinout said:
Hey....I took of the factory stickers that were on my tank :eek: ...you know the ones that mention about over-filling your gas tank etc.....was that ok to do that? Or is like one of those things, if you remove the tag off the pillow you will be jailed??!! :lol:
I took those off a long time ago, I think those warnings are just for people won't don't own the item in question.

·
Registered
191 Posts
some bikes have clear coat over the graphics. they make a product called sticker off thats for removing dirtbike numbers etc. Ive used goofoff stuff and it kinda worries me how it just melts the sticker. id be careful using harsh abbrasives if you want to keep your paint nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts