Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Was riding and I heard a Slight grind not when Slowing down..But when the bike finally comes to a stop...i know its the pads...but is that the first warning sign?..or do the pads have somthing that lets you know the pads are going...i know grinding is an obvious sign...but some pads ive seen have material in them that squeaks when it gets down to far to let you know....and im wondering this to rule out everything else but the pads...Oh and how much should a set of Front pads cost me from ya'llz experiences?

Thanks
~Jesse

·
Registered
1 Posts
Since brakes should never grind, it's best to remove the caliper and physically inspect the surface of the pads. It's not a hard job and you can bet your life that it's well worth the time!
If you find that you do need replacement pads, they run about $20 a set. JC Whitney may have them!

Good Luck...
Z

·
Registered
456 Posts
The only way to know for sure that your pads need replacement is to take them off and have a look. Fortunately, it's a pretty easy job. Compare the thickness of the pad to the thickness of a new pad. If you're too lazy to take off the pads, you can look at the thickness while they're still on the bike. That's almost as good as taking them off to have a look.

Sometimes a pebble can get in there and make a grinding noise. Just take out the pebble and you'll be fine. You can have the rotor turned if you want, especially if the surface is rough, or if your brakes wobble.
Curt

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
PADS

If you need brake pads, it's always nice to have a set hanging on the wall, order them through Beartooth Kawasaki. Ordering them through a warehouse does us no good when we need dealers that depend upon us to support them and keep them open. Otherwise we might as well shut down all dealers and just order direct through one franchize owner (Kawasaki motorcycles would be California (I'm pretty sure) then we could set around and wait for our bikes to arrive and then but all the tools required to do valve adjustments, carb repair kist, order and install tires ourselves, rebuild Everything like mastercylinders, clutches, replace camshafts, bearings, timing chains...Listen to the disposable society out ther and we won't end up saving a buck or two on some parts, but in the big picture end up losing the dealerships that we have. I may be picking on some of you on the forum, but what we have from Beartooth Kawasaki is a Forum not only for fun and passing information, but an international community of people sharing about their dealers and who is/isn't a rip-off dealership giving dealers a bad name. Beartooth has done nothing wrong in my book. They have been nothing but Perfect in getting everything that I wanted or desired and had it shipped to me way ahead of their "guess-timated" arrival date. Yeah save 45 cents on a plug...Shame on you for even saying or thinking it, worse yet putting it in writing on a Forum supported and given freely for us to use...Sorry about the Soapbox, but sometimes I get real upset with people trying to save a half-dollar. If you want cheap, get some flip-flops and walk!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts