Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Im just trying to see what mods people have done to their bikes to increase there HP and also if they have had their bike DYNO'd and what the results have been. I have a stock zx-6r and would like to make some mods to it but would first like to hear what other people have done.

Thanks,
E

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I would really like to get a full system to get the most HP gain. I have heard the M4 system is good.

Thanks,
Erik

·
Registered
191 Posts
80hp:( which is **** good for my bike. 83 aircooled 750, dohc 2valve 738cc. makes 82 at the crank stock. I did a 4-1 system , individual filters and a good bit of carb tuning and got 80 to the rear wheel.

as far as your bike. what year 6r is it? definately a full exhaust and adjusting the fuel system is always the way to go. Because bikes dont have cats(most of them) they usually run really lean from the factory. letting them breathe and get enough fuel is the best thing for them. Remember its not peak power you want, its a usable power curve. nice smooth curves

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I have heard that my 04' zx-6r comes stock with 104HP. Now I am not certain of that, but thats what I have heard. I can also tell that this bike has more power than its showing right now. I'm still within the break-in stage right now but with a K&N airfilter, full exhaust system and then re-mapping the fuel injection system it should be better. I don't want to start messing around with gears. I think thats a cheap way of doing it. I had a 2000 750 Katana before this and that was around 70-80 HP. So already this bike has been different.

Thanks,
Erik

·
Registered
30 Posts
you are correct! my friend put his on the dyno last week and got 104 out of it.. he is stock. I did mine yesterday!! i got 111 out of it... yay! :)
i dont have much done to mine, ive got a muzzy slip on which sounds really nice :) and a USB III power commander which is my HP gain. besides that nothing that affects performace... ive got frame sliders and new levers and pretty grips, a blue chrome windscreen, different bar ends, painted rear hugger, a euro tail... clear LED taillight with integrated signals. a "fast tag" as my fender eliminator... just cosmetic thingies... but cool beans.
i want a full exhaust system soon! but i dont know what to get, i heard the micron one is good but we will see... good luck with yours!! the ax-6r is an awesome bike. and dude, there is NO comparison to the katana... its like comparing oranges to orange jelly lol...

·
Registered
605 Posts
50 HP BABY :)

SOHC 750cc air cooled V-Twin

It gets me where I need to go, and if I need to go 0-60 well it still only takes me about 4-5 seconds to get there :)

·
Road Snot Needs A Kleenex
364 Posts
Stock Ninja 500R has been listed at 54HP.

Mine's getting dyno tuned this week by a shop who works on drag bikes (had a bad experience with another shop who messed up my rejetting 4 times). They're also installing the Factory Pro Ignition Advancer to go along with my V&H SS full exhaust, Denso Iridium Plugs, and K&N Hi-Flo air filter.

When the bike get's done, I'll let everyone know what's it's putting down.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wimps. J/K.

My bike came in 1985 with 124 hp (900 GPZ Ninja). Since then it's gotten some pretty huge jets, pods, full exhaust and a tad bit of engine work (the guy I got it from is really into polishing and porting stuff). No telling what it runs now since it's 20 years old but has a lot of work done.

·
Registered
191 Posts
cool, I could be wrong but i thought the 900s were 113hp at the crank. the 1100s came with 120, granted your 900 isnt even the same motor line as the gpz. im guessing if youve had some port/polish, pods, some jets your probobly pushing 120-130 at the wheel. Biggest benefit on that bike would to be lighten it a bit. it was almost 550lbs wet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts