Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering. I dont know if "all" zx-6 come with duel exausts, but I know some do. Then, I see some pics of people taking them off and putting only one. So I am wondering, what do most people prefer? One pipe or duel pipes?

·
Registered
68 Posts
i personally dont like the look of dual pipes, i perfer one really big chome pipe like on my zx6r.

·
Registered
191 Posts
depends on the bike really. Im an undertail man myself. If its a twin i like dual pipes. If its a 4 cyl i like single. If its a turbo i like no muffler and a turn out under the bike. I do also like the buell exhaust.

matt

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
SINGLE EXHAUST

LESS weight, less aerodynamic drag, better exhaust flow. get rid of your dead weight starting with your Centerstand if you don't absolutely have to have it, your current exhaust, go with a complete system, stage 3 jetting kit, K&N airfilter, and if you are serious about performance get a taller windscreen, racing or touring to keep you out of the airflow...also see if you can extend the plastic fairing outwards to reduce the drag off having your legs and feet, chop off what you can of your rear fender and add a rear under fender (mounts on your swingarm). Change over to LED's from filament bulbs get semi-flush LED turn signals.

·
Registered
4 Posts
LOVE the dual pipes on my ZX-6E. Now, everytime I look at a one piper it just looks funny and unbalanced to me. To each his or her own.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm not into the undertail exhaust. I think a defining characteristic of modern sport bikes is the nice shiny exhaust. I have to go with single on this one.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Centerstand

Centerstand=deadweight Toss it when you take it off, or save it for a paperweight...
Single exhaust less weight less parts, better sound...
Taller windscreen a must even a racing windscreen is taller (see PUIG)
See if you can make the fairing wider at the trailing edge...enough to take the direct airflow off of your legs....better aerodynamics
Remove some of the rear fender...dremel, file, sand clean...
get sticky tires, get good locks, pehaps an alarm system (Scorpio)
Flush mount front turn signals
Knock the Knockouts in your rear tial lights out and install turn signals.
ALWAYS lube yor chain AFTER a ride before you put it away for the evening, as the chain cools it draws lubricant
Need more ideas???

·
Registered
133 Posts
Depends. I like dual exhaust for looks, but i'd rather have single...Less weight, higher flow, more power, better sound. But, i like the undertail exhaust on the R1. The R1's undertail exhaust is really slimming, and makes the R1 the smallest looking (In my opinion) liter bike. Undertail exhausts like the R1's are nice. Not too fond of the undertains on the liter hondas though.
Best overall: Single

1 - 13 of 13 Posts