Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 zx6r with a 520 and -1+2 sprockets....sitting down, I can ride a wheelie for ever..but when I stand up with it and hit the balance point, its like my gearing it too low and runs out of rpms? this is all in 2nd...should I try it in 3rd? just wondering what yall think is best...trying to progress to stand ups instead of sitting down.

-Chris

·
Registered
99 Posts
While I don't really approve of prolonged wheelies (I watched my friend fall off the back when he got it up to high doing a stand up going 80 on the interstate) it is possible to shift while doing a wheelie. This obviously lets you "cruise" per say at lower rpms while doing a wheelie.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While I don't really approve of prolonged wheelies (I watched my friend fall off the back when he got it up to high doing a stand up going 80 on the interstate) it is possible to shift while doing a wheelie. This obviously lets you "cruise" per say at lower rpms while doing a wheelie.
Yeah man I understand what you are saying. I don't think I have the nuts to try and **** yet. On a dirt bike, no problem, on my street bike, ahhh not yet! LOL... Thanks for the help and info though!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts