Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can Get a wheelie easy If I drop the Clutch at 11,000 rpm's no Problem..But Is the Transmission really Bulletproof as they say?....Or could doing this every once and a while for Kicks Hurt the Transmission?

Just curious If anyone else has some insight on problems they may have incurred when dropping the clutch at such a high rpm...and since its a 250...I cant get a wheelie in 3rd gear Like some of the 1000's

Any Wisdom would be appreciated.

:twisted:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Bravo on the 250 wheelie.....how fast were you going when you dumped it? You did it 1st to 2nd shift or 2nd to 3rd? Sorry don't have much wisdom for you.....All I can say is that he smoother the transition the less damage it does to the drivetrain. From drag-racing experience, (auto, not bikes) I know that its the initial shock of the shift on the drivetrain that breaks parts. Things like trans brakes that actually rotate the tranny rather than have it start from inertia really save the components. Call me crazy but I would think a wheelie shift would be a "smoother" transition but I could be wrong. I can garantee you'll go through clutches faster though if you do it alot. If you're really jerking the bike around instead of a nice smooth wheelie I'm thinking your probably doing some tranny damage. That's my advice....take it for what its worth.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts